At Panorama, we receive a lot of calls from companies who are struggling with their ERP implementations. They need guidance on identifying the root causes of how their project got off track and the right approach to recover their ERP project.
Panorama’s Project Recovery Methodology embodies the best practice components of our PERFECT Path Methodology. The objective of our Project Recovery Methodology is to provide client’s with a road map to restore their ERP implementation to a focused, controlled process that delivers business benefits. Project Recovery consists of a series of ten Discovery activities that will identify strengths and weaknesses of the client’s current ERP implementation approach.
These strengths and weaknesses become the foundation for our recommendation to the client to remediate the implementation or conduct an ERP selection initiative.
A Project Recovery Methodology’s Discovery Activities
1. Benefits Realization Review and Analysis
- Business Case
- Business Requirements
- Current and Future Processes
- Legacy ERP Gaps
2. Software License and Services Agreement Review
3. Project Controls Review
- Project Scope
- Functional Scope
- Customization Requirements
- Interface Requirements
- Data Migration Plan
- Reporting Requirements
- Implementation Plan
- Budget Review
- Change Control Procedures
- Risk Management Plan Review
4. Resource Plan Review
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Core Team
- Backfill Plan
5. Technical Solution Architecture Review
6. Organizational Change Management Plan Review
- Review and assess communication plan
- Review and assess training plan
- Review procedural and training materials
7. Deliverable Matrix
8. Status Report Review
9. Discovery Interviews
For each discovery activity we deliver findings with observations, a strengths and weaknesses analysis and a final recommendation for remediation or ERP selection. A typical recovery project runs for 8 weeks.
If you have a failed ERP implementation or need help keeping your current ERP implementation on track, consider contacting Panorama for assistance.