Leading Global Steel Manufacturer Dramatically Reduces Response Time by Streamlining Business Processes and Increasing Productivity with an Enterprise Information Hub
In an ever-changing business environment, manufacturing companies must be able to manage vast amounts of data quickly and efficiently. To accommodate a growing customer base and massive global order volumes, POSCO chose Oracle Product Hub, Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Engineered Systems to support the company’s transformation, boost performance, and increase operational efficiency. As a result POSCO has been able to better serve its customers through advanced order processing while laying the IT infrastructure for significant sustainable growth.
- Oracle announced that POSCO, one of the world’s largest steel manufacturing companies, based in South Korea, has implemented Oracle Product Hub as a mission-critical, highly scalable solution to maximize production efficiency and enhance the customer-order process.
- POSCO aims to provide differentiated value to its customers by adopting POSPIA 3.0, a proprietary process-innovation project that optimizes global IT systems throughout the organization, to increase profit margins and improve operational efficiencies, while dramatically increasing customer satisfaction.
- With Oracle Product Hub, POSCO can centralize and standardize product information, increase the accuracy of information by filtering data and providing alerts through dashboards, and further simplify order processing by automatically and accurately matching millions of customer requirements to the product specifications. This results in shorter cycle times and can reduce customer-response time from 10 days to one day.
- POSCO also integrated Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) Suite with Oracle Product Hub to build a better data management system, one that checks for updates to data. Oracle BPM helps ensure that employees update any missing information with prompt alerts.
- Oracle Product Hub’s central repository of product information is linked with Oracle E-Business Suite for more efficient control and cost management of their steel production.
- In addition, POSCO deployed Oracle Product Hub with Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to simplify its IT infrastructure and boost operational efficiency, flexibility and speed.
- “Oracle Product Hub is optimized for manufacturing and supply process management as it is highly scalable and provides centralized product information,” said Rick Jewell, senior vice president, Applications Development, Oracle Applications. “Oracle Product Hub allows POSCO to provide differentiating values for its customers with improved customer service.”