Annual Industry Event Attracts Automotive Thought Leaders
Plex Systems, Inc., provider of Plex Online, Cloud ERP for manufacturers, today announced that it will be the exclusive sponsor of World Class Manufacturing Day and social media at the 2011 Center for Automotive Research (CAR) Management Briefing Seminars (MBS).
The seminars are scheduled for August 1-4, 2011 at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa near Traverse City, Michigan. The event has been a tradition since 1965 and attracts more than 800 automotive industry stakeholders.
In today’s competitive automotive market, improving quality, productivity, time to market and costs are essential. The 2011 CAR Management Briefing Seminars offer compelling sessions focused on world class manufacturing, connected vehicles, designing for technology and other issues critical to the automotive industry.
“One of this year’s themes, Manufacturing Excellence, showcases how and why today’s leaders connect functions throughout the enterprise. It is fitting to have Plex Systems sponsoring World Class Manufacturing Day as a leader providing systems that integrate operations for world class performance,” said Dr. Jay Baron, CAR CEO and president, and chair of the World Class Manufacturing sessions.
Speakers for World Class Manufacturing Day include:
- Kenneth Knight, Executive Director, Global and North America Manufacturing Engineering, General Motors
- Ron Harbour, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Kevin Butt, General Manager/Chief Environmental/Safety Officer, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.
- Mary Foster, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Inteva Products, LLC
- Massimo Risi, Head of World Class Manufacturing, Chrysler Group LLC
- Alexander Freitag, Director, Diesels Systems Engineering for North American, Robert Bosch
- Steve McKinley, Vice President Engineering-America, Honeywell Turbo Technologies
- Lyle Otremba, Vice President, Commercial and Product Development, Cooper-Standard Automotive
- Jeffrey Brennan, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Global Markets, Altair Engineering, Inc.
- Dr. Joerg Pohlman, Managing Director, SGL Automotive Carbon Fibers, a joint venture with BMW
Teaming with Plex Systems, CAR will showcase timely seminars and related conference activities via online social media outlets such as Twitter, Linked In and Facebook.
“We are pleased to be a sponsor for the second year at the influential CAR Management Briefing Seminars,” stated Plex Systems President and CEO Mark Symonds. “Plex Online has its origins in the automotive industry and has helped automotive manufacturers and suppliers manage the information they need to improve their operations. As the official social media sponsor, we can help broaden the conversation to the entire automotive community.”
Follow the conversation by using the Twitter hashtag #mbs2011. For more information please go to mbs.cargroup.org.