Redwood Shores, CA – May 20, 2010
- Oracle has agreed to acquire Secerno, a provider of database firewall solutions for Oracle and non-Oracle databases.
- Organizations require a comprehensive security solution which includes database firewall functionality to prevent sophisticated attacks from reaching databases.
- Secerno’s solution adds a critical defensive layer of security around databases, which blocks unauthorized activity in real-time.
- Secerno’s products are expected to augment Oracle’s industry-leading portfolio of database security solutions, including Oracle Advanced Security, Oracle Database Vault and Oracle Audit Vault to further ensure data privacy, protect against threats, and enable regulatory compliance.
- The combination of Oracle and Secerno underscores Oracle’s commitment to provide customers with the most comprehensive and advanced security offering that helps reduce the costs and complexity of securing their information throughout the enterprise.
- The transaction is expected to close before end of June 2010. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- “The Secerno acquisition is in direct response to increasing customer challenges around mitigating database security risk,” said Andrew Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Oracle Database Server Technologies. “Secerno’s database firewall product acts as a first line of defense against external threats and unauthorized internal access with a protective perimeter around Oracle and non-Oracle databases. Together, Oracle’s complete set of database security solutions and Secerno’s technology will provide customers with the ability to safeguard their critical business information.”
- “As a provider of database firewall solutions that help customers safeguard their enterprise databases, Secerno is a natural addition to Oracle’s industry-leading database security solutions,” said Steve Hurn, CEO Secerno. “Secerno has been providing enterprises and their IT Security departments strong assurance that their databases are protected from attacks and breaches. We are excited to bring Secerno’s domain expertise to Oracle, and ensure continuity and success for our current customers, partners and prospects.”
- About Oracle and Secerno
- General Presentation
- Customer Letter
- Partner Letter
This document is for information purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.