ST. PAUL, Minn., Jul 26, 2010 — Lawson Software (Nasdaq: LWSN) today announced that the North East Independent School District (NEISD) in Texas has selected Lawson for a broad, multi-application ERP deployment. The implementation will include the Lawson Enterprise Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Human Capital Management suites as well as user productivity tools including Lawson Smart Office and Enterprise Search. These enterprise-wide applications will help the NEISD replace its outdated IT processes with a robust, centralized system. The new system will help improve financial reporting, automate HR processes, streamline procurement and eliminate district-wide operational redundancy. The contract was signed during Lawson’s fourth quarter of fiscal year 2010, which ended May 31, 2010. Lawson Professional Services will provide implementation services for the project rollout.
North East Independent School District, located in Bexar County, Texas, has approximately 9,000 employees and is home to more than 66,000 students. The district’s IT overhaul will also include the implementation of elements of Lawson Talent Management and the Teacher Contract Administration module from the Lawson Human Resource Management suite to help attract, serve and retain high quality teachers and administrators for its community.
“Our current IT systems and processes lacked the features and functionality we needed to support the business operations of a school district our size,” said Superintendent of Schools Dr. Richard A. Middleton. “We chose Lawson because of its commitment and proven track record in the public sector, particularly in Texas. Lawson’s enterprise-wide system will help us save costs, be more efficient and better serve our community.”
Specifically, the new enterprise system will bring together core Lawson business applications, including:
- Enterprise Financial Management, which will help the NEISD more efficiently allocate and track available funds, gauge financial performance and support executive decision-making for ongoing strategic plans.
- Supply Chain Management, which will help improve supply chain visibility and operational cost control for procurement, resource allocation, capacity planning and other operations.
- Global Human Resources, which will help reduce the time required to manage and maintain core HR processes.
- Talent Acquisition, which will help the NEISD identify, attract and engage high-quality potential employees.
- Teacher Contract Administration, which will help the school district better manage the complexity of teacher contracts, including tenure and accreditation, and help ensure accurate payroll, benefits, time and taxation processes.
- Lawson Smart Office and Enterprise Search, which will help enhance user productivity by improving the information workspace for many users and simplifying data searching across Lawson and non-Lawson systems.
- Lawson Learning, which will provide learning services to help support Lawson users, ultimately to support user adoption and proficiency on the Lawson systems.
“The North East Independent School District’s decision to implement a single streamlined system underscores its commitment to drive modern IT efficiencies and deliver value to its citizens,” said Brian Murphy, general manager, Public Sector for Lawson. “The new Lawson applications will help the district better align its teachers and staff with its broader objectives of meeting the needs of its students.”
About Lawson Software
Lawson Software provides software and service solutions to 4,500 customers in equipment service management and rental, fashion, food & beverage, healthcare, manufacturing & distribution, public sector (United States), service industries, and strategic human capital management across 40 countries. Lawson Software is a global provider of enterprise software, services and support to customers primarily in three sectors: services, trade and manufacturing/distribution. Lawson’s solutions include Enterprise Performance Management, Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Asset Management and industry-tailored applications. Lawson solutions assist customers in simplifying their businesses or organizations by helping them streamline processes, reduce costs and enhance business or operational performance. Lawson is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., and has offices around the world. Visit Lawson online at www.lawson.com. For Lawson’s listing on the First North exchange in Sweden, Remium AB is acting as the Certified Adviser.