REDMOND, Wash., May 25 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the general availability of Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics ERP, a powerful corporate performance management solution, which provides real-time financial reporting for midsize businesses looking to achieve greater visibility across their organizations. Management Reporter, formerly codenamed Management Reporter 2.0, will act as the replacement for Microsoft FRx, a comprehensive financial reporting and analysis application available to Microsoft Dynamics ERP customers.
“This is the first step in a multiyear roadmap to deliver broader corporate performance management capabilities across our Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions,” said Crispin Read, general manager of Microsoft Dynamics ERP at Microsoft. “Management Reporter retains many elements of the Microsoft FRx product but is built on a completely updated architecture that will provide a new level of scalability and reliability for customers.”
Management Reporter extends the proven functionality of Microsoft FRx and enables people to quickly and easily create, generate, help secure and publish professional-looking financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports, and will allow them to take advantage of the following:
- Custom reports without IT assistance. These reports reduce the burden on the IT department by empowering the finance team to create its own financial statements.
- Deep cross-functional analysis. Management Reporter provides easy and accurate financial reporting, intercompany reconciliations and eliminations.
- Reduced training time and increased productivity. A familiar user interface and reporting tools minimize training time since users will easily be able to transition from Microsoft Office applications to the similar navigation pane and toolbars in Management Reporter.
- Strong data integrity and report accuracy. Management Reporter supports regulatory requirements, such as generally accepted accounting practices and international financial reporting standards.
“Management Reporter is like Microsoft FRx on steroids — it takes the familiar building blocks of Microsoft FRx and revolutionizes the way reporting and business intelligence can be delivered,” said Les Wright, senior consultant, BDO Canada LLP, a Microsoft Dynamics partner. “This is something customers have been asking for and provides even more value to their Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions.”
Microsoft FRx customers making the transition to Management Reporter will experience a variety of new features including the following:
- Direct integration to the Microsoft Dynamics ERP general ledger. This integration aids in simplified, real-time reporting with greater accuracy.
- Reusable building blocks. Blocks of Report, Row, Column and Tree definitions can be mixed and matched to produce a wide variety of boardroom-quality reports.
- A Report Library. A Report Library is where reports can be secured, stored, and viewed
Management Reporter is available for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 customers at no additional cost and will be available with future releases of other Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions. To assist customers currently using Microsoft FRx make the transition to Management Reporter, a migration tool, detailed guidance and information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/en/us/products/management-reporter.aspx.
About Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of easy-to-use, integrated and adaptable ERP and CRM applications that enable business decision-makers to quickly respond to market shifts, take advantage of new trends, increase their competitive edge and drive business success. Microsoft Dynamics solutions are delivered through a world-class network of reselling partners providing specialized services and additional innovation to help customers excel in their industries.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.