Infor Technology Helps Leading Distributor Increase Supply Chain Efficiency and Prepare for Future Growth
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Johnstone Supply, a wholesale distributor for the HVAC and property maintenance industries, has selected the latest version of Infor Distribution SX.e for their corporate office and distribution centers. The company will also implement Infor ION, Infor Ming.le and Infor Supply Chain Execution (SCE). A long-time Infor Distribution SX.e customer, Johnstone Supply will upgrade its existing application and expand its relationship with Infor. These new implementations will help reduce the need for custom modifications and deliver from the most up-to-date functionality to provide a consumer-grade user experience.
- Johnstone Supply will upgrade to take advantage of Infor’s latest innovations including Infor ION, a lightweight middleware platform and Infor Ming.le, a social business application. The company will also replace its existing warehouse management application with Infor SCE to enable integration with Infor Distribution SX.e via Infor ION.
- As a wholesale distribution cooperative made up of independently-owned stores, Johnstone Supply’s locations often utilize different enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, making it difficult to communicate critical information. Infor Ming.le will foster a collaborative company atmosphere by allowing employees across the entire enterprise to more easily exchange information and automatically document conversations on products and orders, helping to speed daily operations.
- Infor ION will enable integration between Johnstone Supply’s Infor and non-Infor applications. This will automate the transfer of data and reduce the need for manual updates, allowing users to focus on more value-add tasks.
- Infor SCE will support higher inventory volumes as Johnstone Supply continues to grow, providing capabilities like third-party logistics (3PL) billing and transportation management to simplify warehousing and logistics processes.
- Infor SCE’s labor management module will also enable Johnstone Supply to better manage its workforce by monitoring labor in real-time and optimizing the distribution of work. This will facilitate greater efficiency and help the company to maintain growth without drastically increasing the number of employees.
Johnstone Supply Quote
“Decision-makers recognized that traditional communication methods such as email or our company intranet were not as effective as we would like, and are often roadblocks to increasing efficiency,” said Laura Schultz, director of IT, Johnstone Supply. “With Infor Ming.le, our employees will be able to quickly relay information in a way that’s traceable and directly links to necessary resources. By facilitating faster, easier communication, we can work collaboratively to deliver the best possible products and services, and differentiate ourselves in the wholesale distribution market.”
“Many challenges faced by today’s distributors can be addressed by delivering greater visibility into daily operations,” said Andy Berry, vice president and general manager, Distribution, Infor. “Infor Distribution SX.e, combined with platforms like Infor Ming.le and ION, provides a holistic view of the enterprise and facilitates an open dialogue between users, enabling better decision making based on insights that might previously have been overlooked.”
About Johnstone Supply
Johnstone Supply is the leading cooperative wholesale distributor in the HVACR industry, with well over $1.3 billion in annual sales and 375 independently owned store locations across the US. Johnstone Supply offers superior customer service, technical advice and training seminars, an annual print catalog featuring over 32,000 HVACR parts, supplies and equipment, and a valuable website resource with a searchable online catalog featuring more than 64,000 products ordered directly from local stores. For more information, visit www.johnstonesupply.com.