Major Enhancements Provide Manufacturers With Agility Through Multi-Site Options, Improved Financials, Cloud, Compliance and Infor 10x Integration
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Infor SyteLine 9.00, a major release of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) application used by more than 5,000 customer locations around the world. Infor SyteLine incorporates the latest Infor technology innovations of the Infor 10x platform and broad support for Infor Ming.le, Infor ION and Infor Business Intelligence (BI). With version 9.00, Infor SyteLine features industry-leading financials; highly flexible options for multi-site operations, deployment flexibility from on-premise, cloud or hybrid, and a superior advanced planning system (APS).
Infor SyteLine version 9.00 has been specifically enhanced to help manufacturers increase productivity, track regulatory compliance and provide executive-level reporting. The application allows for automotive, equipment, high tech, and industrial/discrete manufacturing customers to monitor demand, schedule deliveries and track resources throughout the supply chain. Infor SyteLine continues to deliver broad manufacturing and distribution functionality as well as micro-vertical specific capabilities.
Major new features in SyteLine 9.00 include:
- Single Instance or Multi-Site Database Functionality – Infor SyteLine 9.00 offers implementation options on how and where a company’s data will be located and stored. SyteLine allows for data to be stored in a single database, or it can divide the data into different databases as needed to fit any complex environment or IT requirement. This provides customers with the ability to choose a tailored approach which best fits their specific needs; rather than typical ERPs that provide a generic toolset. Also, additional multi-site features were added so companies can better determine product sourcing, view critical data across locations and benefit from simpler data maintenance.
- Cloud Deployment – Infor SyteLine includes enhanced support for cloud deployment and development. New features such as a Data Maintenance Wizard allow users to rapidly develop new data structures and application forms. Infor SyteLine offers advanced flexibility for deployments, and creates ease of use for application extensions. This benefits smaller companies who want to get started quickly. Now they can do so without compromising on the rigidness often imposed by competing ERP cloud solutions. Users also benefit from lower cost of ownership, by eliminating the need for costly hardware and additional technical support.
- Improved Compliance Measures – Infor SyteLine offers user defined compliance programs, permitting users to track and report company compliance for RoHS and REACH. This enhanced compliance helps users manage and secure various government regulatory measures with greater ease.
- Enhanced Financials – The solution allows for multiple financial sets of books, as well as the ability to have a separate year-end adjustment period and financial calendars with different year-end dates. This creates an advantage for companies that manage their financial needs in a manner that best suites their business model by providing full-scale visibility.
- Promotional Pricing and Rebates – This version of Infor SyteLine permits users to define promotional pricing and rebates. This enables organizations to pass along incentives to their customer base to help differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- Surcharges – Infor SyteLine now allows users to account for the fluctuation of commodity prices and surcharges, across any number of exchange services for customer and vender orders. Comparing the actual and base pricing during the purchase or sale of affected items helps users measure these surcharges and determine the appropriate actions.
Bombardier Aerospace Quote
“Unlike their competitors who simply enhance the same products year after year, Infor has demonstrated that they are an innovator by introducing both new applications to take advantage of the latest technology developments and integrating them to SyteLine as well as enhancing the SyteLine solutions,” said Dean Giberson, senior systems analyst, Bombardier Aerospace. “Infor provides users with the best tools, like SyteLine and ION and Infor Ming.le, which allows us to resolve issues without customization through patches and upgrades.”
Nucleus Research Quote
“Over the past 18 months, Infor has shown its ability to execute on its investments in cloud and user interface design to make its ERP application suites more compelling for existing and new customers,” said Rebecca Wettemann, vice president, Nucleus Research. “With this version of SyteLine, Infor takes a big step forward in usability and functionality while providing an upgrade path that is less disruptive for business users.”
“Infor SyteLine 9.00 will allow manufacturers across multiple industries to take advantage of the latest social collaboration, analytics, integration and mobility functionality delivered via Infor 10x,” said Mark Humphlett, director of ERP Marketing, Infor. “By empowering their organization with these tools, embedded directly in core business systems, Infor customers can address reoccurring challenges in new ways with a solution that’s both beautiful and easy-to-use.”