ATLANTA – Nov 10, 2010 – Infor, the leading provider of business software to mid-market companies, today announced that OTIS, the world’s largest company in the manufacture installation and service of elevators, escalators and moving walkway travelators, successfully deployed Infor ERP LN. The new ERP system enables OTIS to streamline processes in production, purchasing and sales as well as warehousing and financial management.
- To bring Russian business in compliance with its unified corporate standards across Europe, OTIS planned to automate its Saint Petersburg factory using Infor ERP LN, the company’s worldwide standard system across all production facilities. A reference design of an OTIS factory in France based on Infor ERP LN was used as a prototype model for the Russian production site.
- OTIS decided to deploy the latest version of Infor ERP LN in Russia. The solution automizes manufacturing, purchasing, sales, warehousing and accounting, including accounts payable to financing organizations, manufacturing accounting and inventory accounting according to both Russian accounting standards and GAAP.
- To launch the project in Saint Petersburg, OTIS called in a joint project group. Besides experts from GMCS, an Infor partner with profound industry expertise and experience in delivering international projects based on Infor ERP LN, the project team included representatives of three OTIS departments, Infor France consultants and managers as well as experts from CSC, a French company supporting technical infrastructure at the European OTIS manufacturing facilities.
- Infor ERP LN went live in July 2010. The system serves all departments involved in manufacturing and the logistics chain of the Saint Petersburg factory and offers an unmatched level of manufacturing process automation. For example, a single planning and dispatching executive is now able to generate the documentation for an average of 1500 orders per day. Once this data is sent to Infor ERP LN, the system processes orders automatically, accounts for required materials, workforce and new products, and posts transactions to all involved accounts.
- Together with GMCS, OTIS now plans to deploy an additional system module, Product Configurator, at its Saint Petersburg factory. Following the corporate strategy to replicate the prototype of the newly deployed system in Saint Petersburg to other OTIS factories in Russia and Ukraine, the next step will be to implement Infor ERP LN at the OTIS service center in Moscow.
What OTIS Says
“The project team demonstrated high qualifications, ability to adapt quickly to new requirements raised in the course of system design and to implement these requirements. It is noteworthy that consultants were able to provide fast-paced user support during preparation for the production launch and immediately after it,” said Olga Kamenskaya, project manager, OTIS. “I trust that we will achieve all project goals.”
What GMCS Says
“Even though we have already worked on a number of joint international projects, the OTIS deployment helped us gain invaluable experience by closely cooperating with Western managers and consultants,” said Lyudmila Sokolskaya, director of Infor Solutions Department, GMCS. “Thanks to this fruitful cooperation, we were able to deploy a highly automated system adjusted to the unique needs of a manufacturing facility.”
What We Say
“Infor ERP LN is designed to increase user productivity at OTIS. With Infor ERP LN, we wanted to ensure that the system is easy to use and that it makes routine operations easy and efficient,” said Dmitry Martynov, channel manager Russia and CIS, Infor. “Flexible adjustment of business process steps helps minimize the amount of manual work and reduce the number of steps in business processes. The joint project team successfully deployed Infor ERP LN and demonstrated its high efficiency.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor ERP LN – http://www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/ln/
- Infor ERP LN Demo – click here
Infor is the largest provider of business applications to mid-sized companies, with over 8,000 employees serving over 70,000 customers in 125 countries. Infor focuses on two core beliefs: the importance of constant innovation and the value of laser focus on its customers. Infor delivers software that is simple to buy, easy to deploy, and convenient to manage.
Infor’s focus on automating key business processes and integrating over 70 acquisitions of proven and widely deployed application products has served its customers well. These customers include:
- The top 10 aerospace companies
- Over 450 major apparel and footwear companies
- 14 of the world’s top 25 automotive suppliers
- Nine of the top 10 high tech companies
- More than 4,500 machinery manufacturers
- 21 of the top 35 life sciences companies
- Nearly half of the top 100 electrical distributors
- 1,000 financial services companies
- 2,000 municipalities and government agencies
- 22 of the top 50 global retailers
- Seven of the top 10 brewers
For additional information about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
OTIS is the world’s largest company in the manufacture installation and service of elevators, escalators and moving walkways. With headquarters in Farmington, CT, the company has over 63 thousand employees, offers its products and services in more than 200 countries and maintains over 1.6 million elevators and escalators worldwide. OTIS is a subsidiary of UTC (United Technologies Corp), a transnational corporation headquartered in Hartford, CT. UTC is an integrated supplier of high-technology products and services for construction and aerospace industries. In Russia, OTIS market share in new equipment sales is 27%, approximately 15% of elevators all over Russia in OTIS service OTIS has three manufacturing facilities in Russia. For further details, please visit http://www.otis.com.
GMCS is a leading IT consulting company specialized in complex projects focused on increasing business efficiency. GMCS partners with leading software vendors including IBM Cognos Planning, IBM Cognos 8 BI, Infor ERP LN, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Office Solution Accelerator for Sarbanes-Oxley, Microsoft Sharepoint, Oracle E-Business Suite, PlanDesigner, SAP Business Suite, BOSS-Kadrovik, WebTutor and CourseLab. Founded in 1997, GMCS expertise spans numerous geographies and economic sectors. Since 2005, GMCS is a subsidiary of CompuLink Group. GMCS is headquartered in Moscow with a subsidiary in Saint Petersburg. For further details, please visit www.gmcs.ru.