ORACLE OPENWORLD LATIN AMERICA, Brazil, São Paulo – December 8, 2010
- Brazil electronics retailer Eletrosom has implemented Oracle Retail® Merchandise Financial Planning to create an integrated planning practice and provide a single shared planning system for its financial, merchandising and supply chain operations.
- This is the first in a multi-phase program in which Eletrosom will implement the Oracle Retail Merchandising System suite of applications to establish a complete, open and integrated IT architecture to support the company’s aggressive growth strategy.
- Eletrosom is using Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning to gain better visibility to the supply chain and improve its ability to respond quickly to seasonal and year-round customer demand for products in each region.
- The electronics retailer also expects to use the Oracle Retail application to improve the service levels of its suppliers by sharing visibility to the supply chain and planning systems.
- Logic Information Systems, a consultancy company dedicated to implementing Oracle solutions in retail and wholesale businesses and a Gold level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), helped Eletrosom to complete the implementation of Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning in five months.
- Eletrosom invested in the Oracle Retail Merchandising System in February 2010.
- “We began in April and by September our users were keying in budget and planning for 2011,” said William Moraes, chief information officer, Eletrosom. “Our management team worked with Logic and Oracle Retail to quickly get results that provide immediate benefit to the business. This achievement has provided us fuel and enthusiasm for the implementation of additional Oracle Retail applications including merchandise management, business intelligence, stores systems and distribution center management.”
- “Being part of this program is an honor, especially seeing Eletrosom using the Oracle solution in a new planning practice across the company,” said Pedro Silva, vice president, Latin America for Logic Information Systems. “We are very excited with the accomplishment of this first milestone and look forward to continuing the achievements at Eletrosom.”
- “The Oracle Retail solutions enable Eletrosom to be more agile even as the business grows, to put the right products in customer hands at the right time across the diverse regions that the company serves,” said Andrea Morgan-Vandome, vice president of retail product strategy for Oracle. “We are pleased to be part of Eletrosom’s immediate success and long-term growth.”
- About Eletrosom
- About Logic Information Systems
- About Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning
- About Oracle Retail Merchandising System
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail Customer Success
- Oracle in Retail
- Oracle PartnerNetwork
About Oracle Retail
Oracle is the number one provider of innovative and comprehensive industry software solutions for retailers – enabling organizations to serve their customers better by applying insight into daily business decisions for more profitable results. With software that provides supply chain, operations, merchandising, store systems, optimization as well as enterprise applications and infrastructure software, Oracle partners with the world’s leading retail companies, including 20 of the 20 top retailers worldwide, to transform the economics of their businesses.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.