Redwood Shores, Calif. – September 1, 2010
- To improve its capacity to quickly and reliably respond to the needs of its growing customer base, Agility, a global provider of integrated logistics, has standardized international human resources data and processes on the newest version of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- By replacing numerous legacy systems with the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Agility is able to view an accurate snapshot of data on its 26,000 employees in 59 countries in seconds, saving time on reporting and promoting greater visibility into its company and resources.
- To drive this HR transformation, Agility’s deployed multiple components of the Oracle E-Business Suite Human Resources Management System, including Oracle Human Resources, Oracle Self-Service Human Resources, Oracle Performance Management and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
Consolidated Data Reduces Reporting Time, Improves Accuracy
- After experiencing significant growth through acquisitions, Agility was struggling to make important personnel decisions in a timely manner as its multiple disparate legacy systems were preventing it from creating a single source of consistent HR data.
- Agility chose Oracle in June 2008. Working with Oracle Business Process Outsourcing Partner Caliber Point, Agility deployed a global enterprise-wide human resource management system with the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 in approximately nine months.
- With Oracle HR, Agility eliminated redundant data collection and maintenance across multiple systems, enabling it to:
- Reduce the time required to produce employee headcount reports from weeks to mere seconds;
- Eliminate redundant data entry to the active employee directory for creation, updates and termination of employee email accounts within 24 hours; and
- Increase collaboration and efficiency with the launch of an instantly available and automatically updated employee directory.
- Agility also deployed Oracle Performance Management 12.1, which it expects to enable objective setting for employees that can be linked to the organization’s strategic direction, creating a motivator for its employees and increased retention.
- As a result of improved data accuracy and increased employee efficiency gained from the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Agility expects to save approximately $5.3 million over five years.
“We needed to integrate our different systems to create a consolidated view of employee information that would support both our customer needs and business priorities,” said Ian G. Paisley, vice president, human resources information services, Agility. “With the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 for HR, we have a collaborative and flexible platform to keep employee information accurate and accessible, which will help our organization save time and resources – as well as millions of dollars.”
Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1
- Oracle E-Business Suite Human Resources Management System
- Podcast: Find out What’s New in E-Business Suite HRMS 12.1
- Customer snapshot: Agility Cuts Reporting Times with Consolidated HR Solution on Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.