Redwood Shores, Calif. – Jan. 4, 2011
- Advance Auto Parts, a leading automotive aftermarket retailer, has implemented the Oracle® Retail Merchandising System to localize offerings and improve profitability at 3,500 stores in 39 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- In the first of a multi-phase program, the specialty retailer has completed the implementation of Oracle Retail Merchandising and Oracle Retail Price Management, establishing a single, flexible IT system that tells the retailer how items and categories are performing in groups and by stores, and enables the business to quickly execute merchandise and pricing changes.
- The Oracle Retail system is part of a larger transformation at Advance Auto Parts in which the company is establishing a more agile, flexible business to cater to customer preferences, improve performance and respond to market opportunities.
- Oracle helped the retailer integrate Oracle Retail Merchandising System and Oracle Retail Price Management with existing systems, adopt new business processes and convert approximately 760,000 SKUs from disparate legacy systems to a single SKU master. They also conducted testing mock conversions so that the final conversion took just two days to complete.
- Advance Auto Parts implemented the Oracle Retail applications with minimal changes and adopted new merchandising, supply chain and store operations processes that aligned with the system.
- Oracle Retail Price Management gives store and merchandising teams greater flexibility and control over pricing strategies, including zone and category pricing.
- Advance Auto Parts is now implementing Oracle Retail Allocation, and will use the application to help to optimize inventory and streamline supply chain, planning and allocations processes across all locations.
- After the successful deployment, Geraldine Schleuter, Vice President of information technology, Advance Auto Parts, said, “I was so impressed with the way the different companies worked together and collaborated to bring the best results.”
- “With Oracle Retail Merchandising in place, we see item information down to the stores and can execute merchandise and pricing strategies much faster,” said Schleuter. “As we continue to rollout the Oracle Retail applications, we will enable the business to optimize inventory and streamline allocation and replenishment.”
- “Oracle Retail applications equip Advance Auto Parts to adapt and improve their business and continue their remarkable transformation as a retailer,” said Andrea Morgan-Vandome, vice president of strategy and solution marketing, Oracle Retail. “We are very pleased to support Advance Auto Parts’ growth by delivering value and helping them meet their strategic business initiatives.”
- Advance Auto Parts Overhauls Merchandising System (Integrated Solutions for Retailers Cover Story)
- About Advance Auto Parts
- Oracle Retail Merchandising System
- Oracle Retail Price Management
- Oracle Now for iPhone
- Oracle Now for Android
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide – including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers – use Oracle solutions to deliver critical insights, improve business processes and drive performance. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.