Today’s workplace is no longer made up of a set of desks in an office building. Equipped with smartphones and tablet devices, workers are “always on” and have become reliant on mobile technology to manage their personal and professional lives. HR functions are crucial to the business, and delays in approvals and HR-based requests and workflows can result in lost productivity. Managers will be able to search for and view employee profiles, initiate and act on HR-based processes and workflow, collaborate on decisions and events, and access critical data — all from their mobile devices.
The following new apps are planned for general availability in the fourth quarter of 2011:
- SAP® Manager Insight: will provide managers with quick access to HR data, reports and KPIs at anytime and facilitate collaboration on HR topics and capture follow-up actions.
- SAP® Interview Assistant: will allow managers to access documents, capture information during interviews and collaborate to act quickly during the hiring process.
The following apps, originally announced at SAPPHIRE 2011 and also planned for general availability in the fourth quarter of 2011, will allow organizations to mobilize HR processes instantly:
- SAP® Employee Lookup: will provide access to any employee’s details and organizational information residing in the SAP® ERP Human Capital Management (SAP ERP HCM) solution.
- SAP® Leave Request: will allow employees to create and review leave requests.
- SAP® Timesheet: will enable time entry to be captured immediately as work is performed.
- SAP® HR Approvals: will allow managers to approve employees’ HR-related requests.
SAP Manager Insight and SAP Interview Assistant will be available on Apple iPad, while the other apps will run on Apple iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones. These apps are powered by Sybase® Unwired Platform.
“With these mobile HR apps, SAP strengthens its commitment to the mobile space and the improved availability of HR processes that allows employees to increase their productivity while working on-the-go,” said David Ludlow, group vice president, Human Capital Management, SAP. “We are pleased to offer these apps to our customers, who in turn can help ensure the best possible enablement and support for their workforce.”
SAP will host a free webinar, “Mobilizing Human Resources,” as part of the SAP Mobile Insights Webcast series to introduce these apps as a means of meeting business goals through productivity and insight. The webinar is planned for October 18 at 8:00 a.m. PDT (register here).