New products and product enhancements help organizations support growth, lower total cost of ownership, and drive success
In today’s fast-paced and hyper-connected world, the rules of business have changed. Organizations need business applications that can support them with everything from discovering growth opportunities and making smarter decisions to reducing corporate costs. To meet this demand and help customers maximize their technology investment, Oracle has introduced a range of innovations across its JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and JD Edwards World applications in the last year. The developments help organizations empower the mobile workforce, increase business agility, drive efficiencies and lower total cost of ownership.
- Oracle has further demonstrated its commitment to helping customers maximize their investment in its JD Edwards applications with continued innovation across the integrated application suite.
- Developments in the last year have spanned new mobile enterprise applications, in-memory applications, application modernization, personalization features, business interfaces that help customers further lower their total cost of ownership (TCO) as well as a range of other general, technical and industry enhancements.
Oracle’s JD Edwards Innovation Aligned with Key Market Forces
- With the continued innovation across JD Edwards applications, Oracle has further enhanced the comprehensive enterprise resource planning software lines by combining business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low TCO.
- JD Edwards applications include Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle’s JD Edwards World, which offer customers more than 90 application modules to support a diverse set of business processes and key industry solutions including consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, asset-intensive industries, and projects and services.
- Key additions to JD Edwards applications in the last year include:
- New apps to power the mobile workforce: 57 new mobile enterprise applications, including applications for maintenance, field service, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management. These smartphone and tablet apps enable customers to accelerate business execution and help their businesses find new ways to create operational efficiencies.
- Oracle In-memory technologies increase business insight and agility: With the introduction of JD Edwards latest In-Memory application, Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor, manufacturing and distribution customers are able to utilize the extreme performance delivered by Oracle engineered systems to allow planners and buyers to analyze thousands of SKUs and components in real time to make critical sourcing decisions and accelerate time-consuming planning business processes. Additionally, enhancements to Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor are now available. JD Edwards has also delivered on the promise of Real-Time Enterprise by leveraging Oracle Database In-Memory option. JD Edwards has achieved more than 1,000x faster performance running on Oracle Database In-Memory option.
- Simplify and Personalize: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for Apple iPad was enhanced to deliver latest native look and feel as well as access to device video, signature capture and note taking. In addition tablets now support JD Edwards EnterpriseOne One View Reporting with features for transaction drill back and proactive watchlists. Other enhancement features include updates to the popular EnterpriseOne Café One, allowing end users to easily create mashups that include external URL content and multiple JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications. Additionally PO receipt, voucher matching and inventory to general ledger reconciliation processes have been streamlined.
- Vertical ERP Solutions: JD Edwards continues to add depth to industry solutions. Recent examples include new and enhanced JD Edwards EnterpriseOne One View Reporting for customers that manage warehouses, real estate or bulk stock inventory. Other industry enhanced features include real estate unit attributes, lot assignment and country of origin, important in downstream oil and gas and chemical distribution.
- Ongoing enhancements to lower TCO: Improvements to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools including product simplification, user experience, and reporting enhancements help customers drive efficiencies; the introduction of Oracle VM Templates for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has significantly lowered the time and cost of installation; and new business interfaces to support the integration of Oracle Sales Cloud and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne help customers increase sales and optimize efficiency.
- Global localizations to drive business efficiencies: Legislative global features have been expanded for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and JD Edwards World to include localization enhancements for individual markets across Europe, Asia, and South America
- “Organizations of all sizes and across all industries are facing a rapidly changing business environment that demands a new set of capabilities to support continued growth, innovation, and success,” said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president and general manager, JD Edwards, Oracle. “In the last year, we have introduced a range of innovations to help our customers stay ahead of the competition. This continued innovation builds on our long-standing commitment to delivering an integrated, standards-based portfolio of innovative applications that can help streamline processes, reduce costs, and drive business value.”