Just the Facts:
- BtoB Magazine’s Best 2010 Award honors Kinaxis, provider of an on-demand software service for supply chain management and S&OP, for its “Suitemates Video Series” as the first place entry in the Online Video category.
- The Best 2010 Top Creative Awards honors creative excellence in BtoB advertising.
- As a category winner, Kinaxis is also eligible for the “Best of Show” award, which will be announced at an Awards Luncheon on November 10th in New York City.
- Kinaxis’ Suitemates Video Series, produced by Drama 3/4 Productions, was launched on April 1st, 2010 as a comedic satire representing the growing industry-wide frustrations with ERP mega-vendors’ supply chain offerings, and parodies the tactics these ERP companies employ in developing and marketing their suites of software.
- The six-episode series features accomplished actors Kevin Pollak and Ray Wise as two imprisoned executives of the fictitious ERP vendor, BILK-Moore.
- The award honors Kinaxis for its creative use of online video as an integrated marketing tactic to help drive traffic to its site and create buzz among its target audience.
- The video series is just one element of the Company’s robust Supply Chain Expert Community, which serves as a social platform for manufacturing and supply chain management professionals to convene online to learn, share and connect with industry colleagues.
- The Community also includes company and third-party blogs, news headline and Twitter feeds, discussion groups, job and event postings, and a free supply chain performance benchmarking service, among many other features.
- Kinaxis has repeatedly been recognized as a pioneer in utilizing BtoB social media strategically and effectively. This past spring, the Company also received BtoB Magazine’s Social Media Award which recognized its online community as the Best Integrated Campaign by a technology company.
Quotes, Attributable to John Sicard, executive vice president, marketing, development and service operations, Kinaxis:
“It’s been especially gratifying to see the responses we’ve received from our ‘Suitemates’ video series. The series conveys a humorous and exaggerated version of what’s happening in our industry today, as more and more companies feel frustration with failed ERP suite implementations. BtoB Magazine’s recognition of this series is a testament to how far we have come as an industry to be able to embrace new and creative means for sharing our message.”
“Far too often we get so wrapped up with the day to day challenges we face as an industry that rarely do we take a step back to take a lighthearted view of our situation. It was our goal to give the industry an excuse to take a few minutes out of their stressful day to be entertained, while seeding the idea that Kinaxis may be a company to pay attention to and learn more about. If our peers in the industry had even half as many laughs watching the series as we did making it, it was well worth it.”
If you are trying to manage supply chain volatility and complexity — the new normal in supply chains —and are thinking ‘there’s got to be a better way,’ there is. With a single on-demand service, you can tackle the multitude of supply chain management and S&OP challenges that threaten your performance on a daily basis. Companies use RapidResponse to make decisions quickly, collaboratively, and directly in line with their financial and operational objectives. You too can join over 30,000 users across a broad range of industries, including aerospace & defense, consumer products, high tech electronics, industrial, and life sciences, that are already realizing a competitive advantage by leveraging RapidResponse for collaborative planning, continuous performance management, and coordinated response to plan variances. Learn more about the RapidResponse editions, or join the industry discussions on our Supply Chain Expert community at: http://community.kinaxis.com/.