Ibex Replaces Sage MAS 200 and Custom-Built Web Storefront with NetSuite SuiteCommerce to Manage End-to-End Commerce Business
NetSuite Inc., the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP software suites, today announced that Ibex Outdoor Clothing, a producer of merino wool clothing designed for outdoor use, runs on NetSuite SuiteCommerce to fuel its growth plans while providing a consistently exceptional user experience across multiple customer touchpoints, including B2B, B2C ecommerce and in-store retail. As importantly, NetSuite has significantly streamlined the company’s operational efficiency, unifying B2B and B2C commerce into a single site that is natively integrated to NetSuite’s industry leading order management system. This means the company’s distribution can grow without the operational bottlenecks of traditional on-premise software. NetSuite SuiteCommerce is the first technology platform designed in the post-iPad world to deliver the type of touchpoint-agnostic commerce expected of Ibex’s demanding consumers.
Ibex implemented NetSuite to ensure they could support their continued growth both in the near and long term in both direct-to-consumer and business-to-business. SuiteCommerce gives Ibex the ability to manage customer interactions across smartphones, tablets, PCs and brick-and-mortar stores. With current growth plans of 40 percent a year, the SuiteCommerce platform provides a “future proof” ERP solution that can adapt to unanticipated commerce models without having to implement key business rules repeatedly across different ERP systems. In parallel with front-end revenue performance, Ibex is speeding order fulfillment by 40 percent while improving manufacturing and distribution efficiency with NetSuite’s integrated cloud business solution.
Implementing NetSuite to replace Sage MAS 200 and a custom-built Web storefront, Ibex is better able to manage its end-to-end business processes and inventory of more than 3,000 SKUs of men’s and women’s jackets, bottoms, shirts and other apparel across B2B and B2C channels. The White River Junction, Vt.-based Ibex expects to drive further growth with new SuiteCommerce features in the following ways:
- Offering promotions at its www.ibex.com B2C eCommerce storefront, which currently drives about 60 percent of the company’s revenue.
- Optimizing its site for use on Apple’s iPad, capitalizing on the fast-growing mobile channel.
Supporting increased eCommerce revenue comes on top of the greater business efficiency that Ibex has achieved with the integrated SuiteCommerce and NetSuite back-office cloud ERP solution, including:
- 30 to 40 percent faster order management and fulfillment, and increased visibility of inventory across 30 factories and distribution across all channels, including its flagship retail store in downtown Boston.
- NetSuite has given Ibex improved ability to manage and customize work orders, assembly builds, inventory management and multi-location warehousing, with pick-pack-and-ship utilizing OzLINK software from NetSuite partner Oz Development, enabling the company to streamline manufacturing and distribution and speed shipments to customers.
- Compared to the previous on-premise Sage system, having a single, integrated cloud ERP solution accessible from anywhere, anytime, has provided Ibex with better visibility into key business metrics, on-demand access to real-time data and enhanced financial reporting.
- NetSuite CRM provides B2B and direct customers with robust self-service order tracking and history capabilities, while Ibex customer service representatives can better address inquiries with a complete customer and product record.
“NetSuite and the SuiteCommerce platform is a core part of our growth,” said Jay Moltz, Ibex IT Operations Manager. “Almost all of our business processes are easier to manage in NetSuite, and they’re transparent. We’ve been able to increase our throughput tremendously, especially with direct consumer orders, and we have visibility to see information all at once, live and in real time.”
“Ibex’s gains in performance, visibility and efficiency after deploying NetSuite’s SuiteCommerce are proof that having an integrated commerce system can both deliver a win-win for businesses and their customers,” said Andy Lloyd, GM of Commerce at NetSuite. “Beyond the operational efficiencies the company saw, SuiteCommerce also allowed them to offer their customers an improved commerce experience across their different touchpoints.”