Here are seven tips for improving your competitive advantage through business process reengineering:
1. Budget adequate time and resources
2. Define business requirements before selecting ERP software
3. Improve business processes before selecting ERP software
SAP vs. Oracle Case Study
SAP and Oracle both invest heavily in cloud technology. However, our client was skeptical about cloud scalability and unsure if the products were mature and proven.
4. Don’t treat all business processes equally
5. Integrate business process re-engineering with change management
6. Integrate analytics into business processes
7. Measure results and make incremental improvements
Why Re-engineer Your Processes?
Business process reengineering also ensures your chosen ERP software aligns with your long-term organizational goals. ERP systems are a big investment, so they should support your processes for at least the next five to ten years.
Most importantly, business process reengineering helps you beat the competition by ensuring your ERP system enables differentiated, efficient business processes.