Software for High Tech, Electronics and Electrical Components Manufacturing
The high tech and electronics industry is a fast-pasted, constantly-changing environment that requires discrete manufacturing software functionality supported by strong inventory management and a fully-integrated warehouse management system.
The high tech nature of electrical components drives the need for tightly-integrated product lifecycle management with full revision support and online engineering change notice (ECN) processing. These frequent ECN’s and the fear of obsolete parts force low inventory levels and lean production techniques so the electronic parts and equipment remain at the current specification level and available for use or sale.
While these functionality requirements are not completely unique to this industry, they do mean high tech manufacturers and distributors need to pay careful attention to their ERP software requirements and the potential ERP solutions they evaluate.
High Tech, Electronics and Electrical Components Software Requirements
- Seasonal forecasting
- Production scheduling with strong material requirements planning (MRP)
- Lean manufacturing and shop floor control
- Cost accounting
- Engineering and CAD integration
- Product lifecycle management
- Multi-level bill of materials
- Revision management
- Engineering change notices (ECN’s)
- Lot and serial number traceability
- Recall management
- Electronic data integration transmissions (EDI)
- Warehouse management