VAI to Demonstrate the Business and IT Benefits of its ERP Platform Designed for Food Industry Distributors and Manufacturers VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.), a leading ERP software provider, announced its participation at two food and beverage industry events to showcase its S2K Enterprise for Food software solution. VAI will attend the 27th Annual Hunts Point Tent Party Trade Show…Details
New products and product enhancements help organizations support growth, lower total cost of ownership, and drive success News Summary In today’s fast-paced and hyper-connected world, the rules of business have changed. Organizations need business applications that can support them with everything from discovering growth opportunities and making smarter decisions to reducing corporate costs. To meet…Details
NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel software suites, today announced a number of new solar industry customer wins as businesses have adopted NetSuite’s cloud business management solution to power growth in the rapidly expanding solar market. New customers announced today, including Qbotix, SimpleRay, Sustainable Power Group…Details
I’m a big fan of classic rock songs and the quotes that go along with them. However, I’ve found that rock and roll provides more than just solid riffs and anthems to pump your fists to – they can also provide valuable lessons for your ERP implementation. Below are five lessons that we can all…Details
Infor d/EPM Implemented Across 65 Sites to Accelerate Reporting and Sharpen Decision Making Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced that TrustFord, the world’s largest dedicated Ford dealership and which is wholly owned by Ford Motor Company, has deployed Infor Dynamic Enterprise Performance Management (d/EPM) across its 65 sites…Details
Customers benefit from an end-to-end management solution for their Oracle technology stack, including MySQL News Summary Oracle To help customers simplify management of complex IT environments, Oracle is extending Oracle Enterprise Manager capabilities to MySQL databases. With this new offering, customers can manage complex deployments of Oracle technologies that include MySQL, either on-premises or in a cloud. Existing users…Details
University seeks to increase student enrollment, introduce new schools and academic programs to prepare students, faculty, and staff for the changing economic environment. Ellucian, the leader in higher education software and services, announced today that after a year-long search process, Bellarmine University’s 41-person, multi-department selection committee chose Colleague by Ellucian to replace the institution’s existing…Details
Ever since I started Panorama Consulting in 2005, I have heard more than a few ERP vendors sell the notion that business process reengineering is irrelevant to modern ERP implementations. Their ERP software, they say, can do away with the need for too much focus on business processes since the “off-the-shelf” best practices will dictate…Details
Leading Global Steel Manufacturer Dramatically Reduces Response Time by Streamlining Business Processes and Increasing Productivity with an Enterprise Information Hub
In an ever-changing business environment, manufacturing companies must be able to manage vast amounts of data quickly and efficiently. To accommodate a growing customer base and massive global order volumes, POSCO chose Oracle Product Hub, Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Engineered Systems to support the company’s transformation, boost performance, and increase operational efficiency. As a result POSCO has been able to better serve its customers through advanced order processing while laying the IT infrastructure for significant sustainable growth.
- Oracle announced that POSCO, one of the world’s largest steel manufacturing companies, based in South Korea, has implemented Oracle Product Hub as a mission-critical, highly scalable solution to maximize production efficiency and enhance the customer-order process.
- POSCO aims to provide differentiated value to its customers by adopting POSPIA 3.0, a proprietary process-innovation project that optimizes global IT systems throughout the organization, to increase profit margins and improve operational efficiencies, while dramatically increasing customer satisfaction.
- With Oracle Product Hub, POSCO can centralize and standardize product information, increase the accuracy of information by filtering data and providing alerts through dashboards, and further simplify order processing by automatically and accurately matching millions of customer requirements to the product specifications. This results in shorter cycle times and can reduce customer-response time from 10 days to one day.
- POSCO also integrated Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) Suite with Oracle Product Hub to build a better data management system, one that checks for updates to data. Oracle BPM helps ensure that employees update any missing information with prompt alerts.
- Oracle Product Hub’s central repository of product information is linked with Oracle E-Business Suite for more efficient control and cost management of their steel production.
- In addition, POSCO deployed Oracle Product Hub with Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to simplify its IT infrastructure and boost operational efficiency, flexibility and speed.
- “Oracle Product Hub is optimized for manufacturing and supply process management as it is highly scalable and provides centralized product information,” said Rick Jewell, senior vice president, Applications Development, Oracle Applications. “Oracle Product Hub allows POSCO to provide differentiating values for its customers with improved customer service.”
Puerto Rico-Based Manufacturing Group Selects Epicor to Support Delivery of Quality Products and Services to Multiple Industries Epicor Software Corporation, a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, today announced that AKM Manufacturing (AKM) has selected the next-generation enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, Epicor ERP version 10, to integrate the group’s four divisions:…Details