A plastics ERP software package should be able to efficiently manage a process and repetitive based manufacturing environment. Manufacturing functionality should be at the forefront of the ERP selection process with considerable attention given to an ERP vendor’s ability to plan and schedule multiple tools, dies, and stampings.
Consumption factors, such as scrap rates and regrind, will also need to be accounted for as the master production schedule builds up a graphical calendar for equipment such as injection molders, extruders, compounders, and thermoformers.
Plastics Software Requirements
- Process and repetitive manufacturing
- Tool and die management
- Multi-level bill of materials
- Engineering change notices (ECN’s)
- Scrap rate and regrind management
- Lot control and property tracking
- Shelf life and expiration date management
- Non-conformance tracking
- Certificates of conformance
- Audit trails