Paper and Packaging Software
Paper and packaging software includes functionality such as make-to-order work order generation, attributed inventory, and work-in-process inventory tracking. The ERP software must be robust enough to manage nontraditional production elements, such as customer artwork, presses, inks, dyes, and sheet stock.
While many ERP software packages can manage requirements unique to the paper and packaging industry, not all ERP vendors can sufficiently handle the printing industry and cannot be considered a viable ERP solution for paper and packaging manufacturers and distributors.
Paper and Packaging Software Requirements
- Customer relationship management
- Estimating and quoting
- Artwork management
- Multiple units of measure
- Attributed inventory for dimensional inventory management
- Master production schedule
- Make-to-order processing
- Management of presses, inks, dyes and sheet stock
- Work in process inventory management