Tune in to The Panorama Angle podcast for expert advice on topics ranging from ERP selection to business transformation. We explore different ways to view and solve business problems by chatting with subject matter experts, ERP vendors and business leaders. Look for us on your favorite podcast platform or listen below.
The role of the Consultant is to liaise between the Business Client Services and IT Solutions division, in order to help craft a solution that will meet the functional needs of the business client. This role requires some industry and vendor knowledge in either one or more of the following; Manufacturing, Distribution, Energy, Government and Finance, as well as functional knowledge in the areas of general business, sales order management and supply chain business processes. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end business application solutions.
The Consultant provides business consulting services to the clients; starts to emerge as a key player within the Business discipline; provides routine workshop facilitation and business process design; acts as a reviewer for the wording and accuracy of documents and graphs; tests business applications from a business perspective to verify that client requirements are incorporated in the design and that the business application meets client expectations; participates in work groups and work sessions with business and technical consultants.
S/He must understand and apply business process design techniques (Business). Consultants participate in gathering business requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g., workshops, work sessions and interviews) (Business). Defines, models, and interprets data within and between business activities (Business) Demonstrates understanding of the Panorama Methodology approach and applies components of the architecture, development, integration and deployment phases to day-to-day activities (Methodology). Consultants execute test scripts for the business area and documents test results (Technical). S/He must gain the confidence of clients and company staff in specialty area and builds strong relationships with the working group (Relationship Management).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and scope business opportunities.
• Be identified as the “go-to” person for clients on significant ERP project requirements.
• Act as consulting lead on project engagements in software selection, implementation, and organizational change management.
• Interface with clients to understand their business, need for changes and collect/document requirements.
• Analyze business/technical requirements and objectives, perform fit/gap analysis, and provide client recommendations.
• Work with business counterparts (Analysts, Senior Consultants, Project managers) to understand and document functional requirements. Facilitate the translation of business requirements into a supportive solution.
• Transition knowledge from the project team to the business and support organization. Analyze clients’ business to identify potential operational improvements.
• Perform re-engineering and streamlining of business processes.
• Provide key decision support, monitor issue and risks, and create mitigation plans for clients.
• Participate in issue resolution, change control management, and risk mitigation activities.
• Support business development efforts by estimating work efforts and performing other business development support activities.
• Manage a full life-cycle ERP or large scale software implementation from a technical, functional and/or organizational change management standpoint.
• Facilitate organizational changes and business process improvements with clients.
• Assist with identifying and communicating high-level technical constraints for the solution and facilitate communication between clients, consultant teams, and management teams effectively and in a timely manner.
• Manage individual utilization to optimize revenue to the company.
• Serve as a leader to junior consultants.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Hands-on change management experience with implementing large-scale ERP
2. Prior consulting and team management experience
3. Background in individual and/or organizational psychology
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
5. Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment
6. Strong organizational and analytical skills
7. Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications competencies
8. Desire to work in an information systems environment
9. Experience working with offshore and third-party vendors
10. Experience with global or multi-national projects
11. 6 or more years of relevant experience
12. Excellent presentation, group facilitation, verbal and written communications skills
13. Ability to build strong client relationships and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels
14. Proven leadership skills, with the ability to be a team player and a strong self-starter
15. Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
16. Interest in supporting Federal Government programs related to aviation, transportation, and security
1. Facilitate the deployment of new business processes and/or changes to existing business processes
2. Facilitates business process changes to leverage new solutions
3. Conduct and facilitate interactive working sessions in eliciting business processes
4. Drive, interpret and document business processes in a manner that is understandable to the business and can be leveraged in development
5. Elicit and document current state business processes, future state processes and conduct gap analysis on technology, process and people
6. Model future state processes and analyze for upstream/downstream impacts
7. Responsible for applying various analysis tools and techniques, including bottleneck analysis, activity-based costing exercises, value-add analysis and root cause analysis to business processes
8. Work with the business to define key performance indicators (KPIs) and baseline current state processes against the identified KPIs utilizing a scorecard methodology
9. Act as a change agent to obtain stakeholder buy-in, business validation at critical quality control gates, and participate in creating and implementing the change management and communication plans
10. Responsible for defining and developing training materials focused on integrating change to business processes with new/enhanced system functionality
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, TRAINING
Job Related Experience:
• Experience with a process modeling tool (besides Visio) – highly desirable, but not required.
• Minimum (Accenture) three years consulting experience including the deployment of business process management and process frameworks within large, complex programs and enterprise level initiatives.
• Some experience with ERP applications such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, PeopleSoft, Lawson, JDEdwards, Netsuite, etc. is required.
• Strong knowledge in business organizational design is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Good workflow analysis and business process integration skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
• Ability to devise creative business solutions
• Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
• Solid understanding of business process management, various methodologies, tools and techniques
• Experience in process modeling and process analysis (includes current state business process elicitation, deep current state analysis, future state modeling and future state analysis)
• Deep understanding of key performance indicators, performance management and business activity monitoring
• Understanding and experience with change management activities, tools and techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management and team members
• Represent a rigorous customer service attitude
• Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis with minimal supervision and to provide timely / accurate status to IT management
• Experience with project-oriented environments and thorough understanding of typical project delivery methodologies.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills. Comprehensive thinker for issue analysis and resolution.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft productivity tools such as PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel and Project Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio)
• Experience with Project Insight and/or other process modeling tools
• This position is a revenue generating position and a 50-100% client-facing role that requires nationwide or regional travel as needed so professional appearance is a must.
Minimum Education: All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
• Master’s degree is a plus
• Some industry certification in PMP or Sig Sigma is preferred
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS/REQUIREMENTS (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations).
• Successful candidate must be fluent in English
• Fluency in additional languages is considered a plus
• Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
• Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Capable of using a keyboard effectively
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 30 pounds
• Extensive travel to meetings and client locations is required
• Travel is an integral part of this job. The candidate must live close to (within 50 miles) of Denver International Airport.
Salary is commensurate with experience, based on a performance-based, variable compensation model. Panorama provides health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as generous paid time off, paid company holidays, and 401k. All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development.
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
Panorama Consulting Group is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable laws. Panorama Consulting Group provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Panorama Consulting Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free/Alcohol Free Workplace.