Ever since Panorama started in 2005, frequent blogging has been one of our keys to sharing insights and client experience with the ERP community. Over the years, we have focused on sharing best practices around topics ranging from ERP software selection, ERP implementation best practices, and organizational change management. This year, we’ve upped the ante by expanding our author base to include more of our 25+ employees.
Since we have posted so many good blogs and articles this year, I thought I would share a few of my favorites so far:
- Your Existing ERP Software System Can Bring a Happy New Year for Purchase Part Savings! – One of our first postings of the year, this provides a very tangible example of how companies can leverage their ERP system to realize a tangible improvement to their business operations.
- The Marathon Man of ERP Implementations – I’m a fan of sports analogies and this entry from Cliff Simms, our Director of Organizational Change Management, highlights the ways that ERP implementations require conditioning, focus, and effort that isn’t unlike training for a marathon.
- Are ERP System Customizations Starting to Feel Like a Build-a-Bear Workshop? – Written by Haoyan Sun, our Research Analyst, this is a good article highlighting the realities and dark side of ERP customization, a topic on the minds of most executives and project managers about to embark on an ERP implementation.
- When Jumping into an ERP Project, It’s Sink or Swim! – Our clients often struggle with how to mobilize resources for an ERP project, and this entry provides some tangible tips on how to best prepare your team.
- Six Steps for Executing Successful ERP Requirements Workshops – Another good entry with very tangible and real examples of how to define ERP business requirements, whether your are in the process of selecting, designing, or implementing a new ERP system.
- Winning in 2010: The Goal Line – Another good analogy of how ERP implementations are like sports, this one focused on how to focus your end-goal on tangible and measurable business benefits.
- ERP Software Clash of the Titans: SAP vs. Oracle – Of the blogs that I have written so far this year, this is easily my favorite. I can’t even keep track of the number of times clients ask me to summarize the strengths and weaknesses of SAP and Oracle, so I wrote a blog to address some of the key points.
- Powell’s Message: Insights on ERP Software – One of our more recent blogs, this is a good one because it relates leadership messages from Colin Powell and applies them to leading a successful ERP initiative.
In addition, below are the top five most-read blogs on our web-site so far this year:
- Top Ten ERP Software Predictions for 2010
- One Key Reason Why 72% of ERP System Implementations Fail
- The 2010 ERP Vendor Analysis Results Are In, and the Winner Is…
- Organizational Change Management Tips for Global ERP Software Implementations
- Welcome to the Jungle: Lessons from ERP Software Implementation Failures
We will publish a more comprehensive year-end list later in the year, but we hope that these blogs provide some good summertime reading in the meantime.