ATLANTA – Sep 22, 2010 – SoftBrands, an affiliate of Infor, the leading provider of business software for mid-market companies, today announced the acquisition of the Property Management Systems (PMS) division of Amadeus IT Group SA. Through this acquisition of a leading EMEA PMS provider, SoftBrands is now the second largest provider of hospitality software worldwide, with an installed base of more than 9,700 properties in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific. SoftBrands will support and maintain all existing Amadeus PMS applications, providing customers the choice to continue to benefit from their existing software investments. Additionally, customers will have access to an array of complementary applications and the latest technology.
- SoftBrands, an Infor affiliate, acquires the Hotel PMS division of Amadeus, headquartered in Paris, France with more than 4,200 clients in Europe and emerging markets.
- Amadeus PMS division’s strong presence in EMEA and APAC provides complementary geographic coverage to SoftBrands’ position in the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
- Full global reach enables SoftBrands to better serve customers, including international chains and local independent hotels and groups.
- SoftBrands, with its customer-centric approach to software, will continue to support and maintain Amadeus PMS products and services, while providing a clear roadmap for customers interested in the latest technologies and complementary products.
- SoftBrands offers SoftBrands HMS, which is based on Infor ION and uses a component architecture to combine functionality to manage guests, rooms, rates, reservations, distribution, and more, enabling a single guest-centric database across an entire global enterprise.
- SoftBrands will provide customers with multiple deployment options for SoftBrands HMS, enabling them to take advantage of the latest technologies on-premise or in the cloud.
- Bruno des Fontaines, general manager for Amadeus Hotel PMS division, will join SoftBrands’ senior leadership with responsibilities for regional sales and operations.
- SoftBrands will continue to operate under the leadership of Tracy Flynn, general manager.
- The Amadeus PMS division’s brand will shortly transition to SoftBrands’ branding.
What We Say
“The strength of Amadeus Property Management Systems presence in EMEA and reach into other markets, significantly enhances our ability to support global customers, and perfectly complements our existing footprint, allowing us to deliver our portfolio of solutions to the worldwide hospitality market,” said Tracy Flynn, general manager, Hospitality. “HMS, the most recent addition to our portfolio, takes the very best of our solutions to date and positions us to support today’s global hospitality marketplace either on property or in the cloud, a strategy that continues to receive positive feedback from analysts, industry influencers and customers. With this acquisition, we will leverage the Amadeus PMS division’s knowledge and intellectual property in accelerating this solution into the global market”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor hospitality microsite – http://www.infor.com/solutions/hospitality/
- SoftBrands HMS microsite – http://www.infor.com/hospitality/HMS
At Infor, we work with a core belief. We believe in the customer. We believe that the customer is seeking a better, more collaborative relationship with its business software provider. And a new breed of business software: created for evolution, not revolution. Software that’s simple to buy, easy to deploy and convenient to manage. Our 70,000 customers in more than 100 countries stand with us. We look forward to your sharing in the results of our belief. There is a better way. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.