In order to effectively assess the “readiness” of the client employees to adapt to a new ERP system and to develop buy-in to the project, the Panorama team conducts a series of activities to analyze and optimize employee acceptance and address resistance to the organizational changes wrought by the new ERP system.
Organizational Readiness Assessment Activities
- Conduct an executive survey and workshop to ensure that the project’s objectives are aligned with the client’s strategic direction
- Facilitate formal and informal communications with the client employees
- Conduct an Organizational Readiness Assessment to determine key areas of organizational resistance. (This assessment is conducted via Panorama’s proprietary online employee assessment and a series of focus groups with employees within each functional area.)
- Identify lessons learned from previous the client business and IT change initiatives
- Assess employee competencies relative to ERP skill requirements
- Identify major organizational and job changes resulting from the implementation of the ERP system
The Organizational Readiness Assessment also provides recommendations regarding organizational change management, training, and communications activities the client should deploy to address organizational deficiencies as part of the broader ERP implementation.