Redwood Shores, CA – August 23, 2010
- Retail executives will gather at the upcoming Oracle OpenWorld conference, September 19 – 23, 2010 at Moscone Center in San Francisco, to share new ways to leverage Oracle technology to enable retail business strategies.
- As part of a series of more than 30 sessions, demonstrations and networking events focused on retail trends and applications, executives from AutoNation, Lowe’s, Office Depot, Rent-a-Center, RSR Research, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, multi-channel retailer B2W and Brazilian department store retailer Lojas Renner will present on using Oracle technology, database and applications to support their retail business strategies. Quick service restaurant leaders including Chipotle, Jack in the Box and Wendy’s/Arby’s Group, Inc. will present case studies on using Oracle Applications to help grow their restaurant chains and improve performance.
- Also at Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle Retail Senior Vice President and General Manager Duncan Angove will present a new vision for retail during a general session sponsored by HCL AXON. Retail is among the most IT-intensive and turbulent businesses in the world, and today’s consumer environment provides unprecedented opportunities for retailers to create stronger connections with core customers through innovation.
- The Oracle Retail team will demonstrate the impact of Web 2.0 technology on every aspect of the retail enterprise, from new mobile commerce applications to providing merchants and executives with anytime/anywhere access to business analytics to help make intelligent decisions that impact sales today.
- [email protected], a popular showcase of Oracle Retail solutions at work in a real store environment, will return to the Oracle OpenWorld bookstore. Here, retail executives see Oracle Retail applications and technology in action through real and virtual transactions, and talk to Oracle Retail stores solutions experts about the application suite.
- A retail demonstration area and networking lounge will provide attendees an opportunity to see new retail features and functionality, and talk to the product experts behind Oracle’s renowned retail applications.
- Oracle also will host Leaders Circle, an invitation-only program that gives C-level executives an opportunity to meet with Oracle executives.
- Oracle OpenWorld provides a spectrum of content from super users to executives with insight into Oracle’s product and business strategy for the retail industry and to foster discussion on how Oracle can continue to support its customers’ retail business needs across the enterprise.
“Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco affords us a unique opportunity to share our vision and discuss the complete hardware and software solutions that enable new retail strategies. We anticipate valuable dialogue with our customers as they meet and exchange ideas,” said Duncan Angove, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail Global Business Unit.
- Oracle OpenWorld
- Global CIO: Oracle’s Top Ten Retail Insights a Must-Read for All CIOs
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail Customer Success
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle is the number one provider of innovative and comprehensive industry software solutions for retailers – enabling organizations to serve their customers better by applying insight into daily business decisions for more profitable results. With software that provides supply chain, operations, merchandising, store systems, and optimization as well as enterprise applications and infrastructure software, Oracle partners with the world’s leading retail companies, including 20 of the 20 top retailers worldwide, to transform the economics of their businesses.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.