Nonprofit organizations require accounting software that is specific to the nonprofit industry and the regulations that exist within this niche. Since nonprofit organizations range from trade associations and religious organizations to social, education, and government agencies, selecting the correct nonprofit software is dependent on matching the nonprofit’s unique functional requirements to available ERP and accounting solutions.
Nonprofit Software Functional Requirements
- Fund accounting software
- Strong budgeting and account allocation
- Advanced reporting and auditing
- Regulatory compliance
- Direct marketing
- Constituent and donor management
- Project management for events and fundraising
- Education administration and certification management
- Membership tracking and fee processing
As we have discovered in our experience with more than 150 ERP solutions, each ERP software package has its strengths and weaknesses. We track our extensive selection and implementation experience with various enterprise systems in our proprietary ERP Solutions Database.