Redwood Shores, Calif. – January 4, 2011
- Panduit, a world-class developer and provider of physical infrastructure solutions, has selected Oracle’s Demantra, part of the Oracle’s Value Chain Planning solutions, to improve efficiencies across its global supply chain.
- To increase its forecast accuracy and accelerate the planning process throughout a complex global supply chain that serves 112 countries, Panduit needed a supply chain planning solution that could help improve service levels to meet the demands of its expanding global customer base.
- Working with Oracle, Panduit evaluated options and after a thorough review, selected Oracle’s Demantra Demand Management and Oracle’s Demantra Real-Time Sales and Operations Planning to optimize its supply chain planning cycle time and accuracy.
- By leveraging Demantra’s real-time forecast capabilities, Panduit estimates it will help improve efficiencies across its supply chain through a 10 percent increase in forecasting accuracy.
- With a more holistic and accurate view into its supply chain, Panduit also anticipates a four percent decrease in the number of ocean containers used to ship goods, reducing greenhouse emissions and reinforcing the company’s leadership in sustainable business practices.
- Panduit also expects Demantra to help streamline supply chain planning processes and reduce processing time by 25 percent, enabling the company to quickly respond to changing market conditions.
- Demantra directly integrates with Panduit’s global deployment of the Oracle E-Business Suite including human capital management, financials, warehouse management, discrete manufacturing, order management, supply chain planning, procurement and customer relationship management.
- Panduit implements Oracle applications as part of its integrated infrastructure, leveraging its own Unified Physical Infrastructre (UPI) approach to improve business agility, operational efficiency, and sustainability.
- This Demantra application will be deployed on Panduit’s UPI based Smart Data Center that is optimized for power, cooling, space and performance in its LEED Gold Certified World Headquarters in Tinley Park, IL.
- “To provide our global customer base with the highest possible level of service, we need to be able to quickly and accurately respond to their changing needs,” said Joanne Tyree, CIO, Panduit. “Oracle’s Demantra is a key piece of our IT strategy improving visibility into our global supply chain, and collaboration with sales and marketing, to better serve our customers.”
- “Oracle is committed to providing best in class solutions that enable companies to transform into demand and information-driven enterprises,” said Jon Chorley, vice president, Oracle SCM Product Strategy. “We are pleased that Panduit is joining our other companies who are using SCM solutions from Oracle to power this transformation.”
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle’s Demantra
- Oracle’s Demantra Demand Management
- Oracle’s Demantra Real-Time Sales and Operations Planning
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Join the Oracle VCP Community on Facebook
- Follow Oracle VCP on Twitter
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit http://www.oracle.com.
Panduit is a world-class developer and provider of leading-edge solutions that help customers optimize the physical infrastructure through simplification, agility and operational efficiency. Panduit’s Unified Physical InfrastructureSM (UPI) based solutions give enterprises the capabilities to connect, manage and automate communications, computing, power, control and security systems for a smarter, unified business foundation. Strong relationships with technology leaders complemented with its global staff and unmatched service and support, make Panduit a valuable and trusted partner. (www.panduit.com)
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.