Redwood Shores, Calif. – June 8, 2010
- To help organizations increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve content security, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g, a comprehensive, integrated and high-performance content management solution.
- A component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g consists of Oracle Universal Content Management 11g and Oracle Universal Records Management 11g, which are available today, and Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g and Oracle Information Rights Management 11g, which were announced in February 2010.
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g is built on a unified content repository and provides an easy-to-use, end-to-end solution covering imaging and Web, document and records management that build on Oracle’s solution for Enterprise Application Documents through pre-integration with business processes, business applications and desktop productivity tools.
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g delivers the industry’s best performance and scalability. Its unified repository can support high-volume content ingestion applications, such as invoice processing, and high-volume content delivery applications, such as e-commerce sites.
- The suite simplifies deployment and enhances functionality through a universal installer and pre-integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g, Oracle Applications and several components of Oracle Fusion Middleware. It is also built to run on Oracle Database 11g to take advantage of Oracle’s industry-leading database security, partitioning, scalability and compression.
- Organizations across multiple industries, including communications, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and retail have increased efficiency, improved business processes, and simplified content governance with Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite.
Comprehensive Enterprise Content Management and Records Management
- Oracle Universal Content Management 11g is a unified Web content management, document management and digital asset management platform with built-in retention management. New enhancements deliver unparalleled ease-of-use and help put content management where people work by providing:
- Next-generation desktop integration – to increase efficiency through access to workflow information and saved searches via Microsoft Windows Explorer, as well as offering the ability to edit managed content, compare managed documents and insert managed links directly from Microsoft Office.
- Open Web content management – a revolutionary approach to integrating Web content authoring, design and presentation capabilities into a broad range of Web sites; portals, including Oracle WebLogic Portal; and Web applications. Among the new features are:
- Servlets and tag libraries for content management services enable Web developers to add Web content management to new and existing JavaServer Pages (JSP), JavaServer Faces (JSF) and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Faces applications
- A plug-in which adds an array of Web content management palettes into Oracle’s leading Integrated Development Environment, Oracle JDeveloper
- Simplified design mode for business users which makes it easier for them to edit and manage their sites.
- Oracle Universal Records Management 11g is a scalable DoD 5015.2 v3 certified electronic and physical records management system. Key new enhancements support business demands by:
- Improving discovery – to provide access to content from anywhere in the enterprise and enable instant holds, dispositions and discovery of content from across systems and applications
- Enhancing usability – to improve insight for business users through an updated physical records management interface, a records management dashboard and more flexible and complete reporting
- Delivering real-time discovery and support for third-party archiving – Oracle Universal Records Management 11g is an enterprise-ready solution with real-time discovery capabilities and support for third-party archiving and information management vendors.
“To maximize content management efficiency, reduce costs and improve security, organizations need a comprehensive enterprise content management solution that is integrated into their business processes and fits with the way they work,” said Andy MacMillan, vice president, Product Management, Oracle. “With Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g, we meet those demands while delivering the performance and scalability needed to support the most complex and demanding enterprise content management environments.”
Register for the Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g Launch Webcast
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g Launch Center
- More About Oracle’s Open Web Content Management
- Oracle Content Management
- Independent Analyst Reports on Oracle Content Management
- Download Oracle Software – Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.