Redwood Shores, Calif. – July 1, 2010
- Oracle announced 2010 Retail Excellence Award recipients The Wet Seal, Nordstrom, The Container Store and The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board as part of its annual Oracle Retail CrossTalk conference.
- The Retail Excellence Awards recognize Oracle retail customers for achievements in improving the customer experience, driving operational excellence and enabling growth using technology, innovative strategies and best practices.
- Jon Kubo, VP and CIO of The Wet Seal was named CIO of the Year for his leadership in helping the company’s Wet Seal and Arden B brands to form new connections with customers through social media and to improve the customer experience and store performance using new technology solutions.
- Nordstrom received the award for Redesigning the Customer Experience – Capitalizing on Retail, for the company’s achievements using planning, merchandising and inventory solutions to help to cater to customer preferences in each store.
- The Container Store received the Reinvigorating Operational Excellence – Enabling New Ways of Working award. The company was recognized for implementing Oracle Retail Macro Space Management to improve the way merchandising and store operations work cohesively to display, merchandise and promote products within the stores.
- Pennsylvania wine and spirits retailer and wholesaler The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board received the Retail Excellence Award for Reimagining Growth – Building Foundations for Expansion. The company leverages Oracle Retail solutions to help to improve inventory turns, increase multi-channel revenues, improve product availability and reduce costs associated with retail operations.
- The 2010 Retail Excellence Awards selection committee was comprised of industry leaders and retail experts including Darrin Ahrens of Accenture, Dale Achabal of Santa Clara University, Mike Davies of Wipro Retail, Leslie Hand of IDC Retail Insights, Dave Hogan of NRF, Glyn Kirby of OLR, John Rooney of Deloitte, Paula Rosenblum of RSR Research and Duncan Angove of Oracle Retail.
“Each of these retailers, and the many nominees within each category, represent an amazing set of achievements from throughout the community of Oracle retail customers,” said Duncan Angove, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. “We appreciate the chance to celebrate their success and we thank the selection committee for their help.”
- Oracle Retail Excellence Awards
- About Oracle Retail CrossTalk
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail Customer Success
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle is the number one provider of innovative and comprehensive industry software solutions for retailers – enabling organizations to serve their customers better by applying insight into daily business decisions for more profitable results. With software that provides supply chain, operations, merchandising, store systems, optimization as well as enterprise applications and infrastructure software, Oracle partners with the world’s leading retail companies, including 20 of the 20 top retailers worldwide, to transform the economics of their businesses.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.