Redwood Shores, Calif. – July 22, 2010
- Oracle has been named as a leader in two recent Gartner, Inc. reports on supply chain management as described in the “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems (TMS)(1)” and the “Market Share: Supply Chain Management, Worldwide, 2009 (2)” reports.
- In its 2010 report, “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems (TMS),” Gartner positioned Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant.
- Gartner’s Magic Quadrant report positions vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, “Leaders have a compelling vision and a reliable ability to execute. TMS market leaders have broad, deep and formidable functionality that addresses a broad range of user requirements. These vendors have proven products, track records of customer success and demonstrated momentum in growing their market presence. Leading vendors support sophisticated and complex transportation strategies for large customers with substantial freight spending, as well as being deployable in smaller shippers. They also meet the needs of users throughout the transportation process, with offerings from strategic planning and procurement through to freight payment and audit functionality. Leaders also offer adaptable technical architectures that allow for rapid innovation, which is needed to stay ahead of market demands. Leaders are innovators and have compelling strategies for addressing the ongoing market changes related to the emergence of new technologies, the integration of dedicated and private fleet assets, the convergence of TMS with other SCM functionality, and support for global transportation operations. Leaders are extending the reach of TMS beyond traditional shippers to include LSPs and other styles of transportation, such as bulk commodities, adding functionality to address the unique needs of emerging markets. They’re out in front of the evolution of transportation management as an enterprise shared service. Leaders are also furthest in front supporting the transportation needs of multiple geographies, and adding capabilities to support the complex needs of multileg global logistics and transportation.”
- In its Market Share: SCM, Worldwide, 2009 report, Gartner ranked Oracle No. 1 in worldwide market share in the Supply Chain Execution marketplace based on total software revenue for 2009.
- In Gartner’s Market Share: SCM, Worldwide, 2009 report, Gartner defines total software revenue as “revenue that is generated from appliances, new licenses, updates, subscriptions and hosting, technical support, and maintenance. Professional services revenue and hardware revenue are not included in total software revenue.”
Oracle Value Chain Execution Solutions Help Customers Streamline Supply Chain Logistics
- Oracle Transportation Management is the only solution that enables companies to manage their comprehensive trade compliance and transportation requirements, including common carrier and private fleet operations, on a global basis within one central platform.
- Oracle Value Chain Execution is a comprehensive set of supply chain execution solutions that work together to provide Oracle customers with a broad array of logistics capabilities. Using a combination of the Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle standalone applications, Oracle Value Chain Execution provides users unprecedented flexibility in how they purchase, design, implement and manage their supply chain solutions.
- “Driven by freight cost volatility and globalization, many organizations are looking for a single, global platform to optimize their transportation business processes for cost control and supply chain agility,” said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. “We believe that Gartner’s recognition affirms our commitment and investment in delivering best-of-breed transportation management solutions for a broad range of transportation functions that support the needs of both shippers and Logistics Service Providers.”
- “Oracle recognized early that globalization has made logistics and supply chain execution the essential infrastructure to any product-oriented company,” said Jon Chorley, Oracle Vice President, Supply Chain Product Strategy. “This is why Oracle chose to make and sustain a set of major investments in this area, as part of our overall Information-driven Value Chain strategy. We are pleased to be recognized by Gartner as the market leader supply chain execution for 2009.”
- Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Value Chain Execution
- Oracle Delivers Oracle Transportation Management 6.1
- Oracle Launches Oracle Global Trade Management
(1) Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems” by C. Dwight Klappich, April 13, 2010
(2) Gartner, Inc. “Market Share: SCM, Worldwide, 2009” by Chad Eschinger et al, April 29, 2010
About the Magic Quadrant
The Gartner Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner, Inc., and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.