Redwood Shores, Calif. – April 27, 2010
- Gartner, Inc. has positioned Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant in its 2010 report “Magic Quadrant for Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM).” (1)
- Gartner defines CCM as an “emerging governance, risk and compliance technology that monitors controls in ERP and other financial applications to improve financial governance, monitor and verify access and transactional rules, and automate audit processes.”
- This Gartner Magic Quadrant provides guidance for organizations that are seeking to reduce business losses from fraud or failure to follow rules governing financial transactions by purchasing, replacing or upgrading their technology solutions. It positions vendors based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- Oracle offers a complete CCM solution to lower compliance costs, improve financial governance, and enhance operational performance. Oracle GRC Controls continuously monitors automated controls for Oracle and non-Oracle enterprise applications and helps mitigate exposure to fraud and error. Fraud and error detection, business process integrity and operational performance are enabled via a business rules engine that programmatically looks for violations and anomalies in transactions.
“Oracle is committed to customer satisfaction and product innovation, which we believe is reflected by our position in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s ‘Magic Quadrant for Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM),’” said Chris Leone, group vice president, Oracle Application Strategy. “Oracle’s Leaders Quadrant position in this Magic Quadrant follows on the heels of our Leaders Quadrant position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Platforms, August 2009. We believe this emphasizes Oracle’s unique capability to combine best-in-class controls automation and enforcement capabilities with integrated risk and compliance management as part of a comprehensive GRC platform.”
- Magic Quadrant for Continuous Controls Monitoring
- Oracle Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Oracle Application Controls
- Press release: Oracle Delivers New Governance Risk and Compliance Suite with Vital Policy Oversight and Control Execution Integration
About the Magic Quadrant
The Gartner Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner, Inc., and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Continuous Controls Monitoring,” by French Caldwell, Paul E. Proctor, March 23, 2010.