Redwood Shores, Calif. – June 28, 2010
- Extending its best-in-class logistics and transportation management capabilities, Oracle today announced the integration of Oracle® Transportation Management 6.1 with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0.
- The seamless integration of Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 allows customers to benefit from a single platform designed to lower transportation costs, reduce operational inefficiencies and drive higher services levels.
- The integrated platform optimizes shipment planning and load consolidation, automates manual processes such as freight payment and supports collaborative decision making by enhancing visibility across the supply chain.
- Additionally, customers can now take advantage of pre-defined integrations to support complex transportation planning for sales orders, purchase orders, freight payment and audit, and the associated master data management required to synchronize applications.
- By enabling customers to streamline transportation planning, execution and freight payment on a single best-in-class platform, the integration drives ROI and reduces the total cost of ownership.
Best-in-Class Logistics and Transportation Management Capabilities
- The integration enables joint customers to benefit from the expended capabilities included in Oracle Transportation Management 6.1:
- Extensions to sourcing, planning, execution, financial settlement and visibility across all modes of transportation.
- Extension of the multimodal capabilities supported for transportation sourcing by addressing complex ocean bids as well as accessorials for both truck and ocean.
- Expansion of Oracle Fleet Management with new capabilities that help reduce transportation costs and improve equipment utilization by enhancing the planning and optimization engine for solving complex fleet planning scenarios.
- The introduction of new business intelligence capabilities and additional dashboard reports to drive process efficiency and help measure and monitor ‘green’ metrics such as CO2 Emissions, NOX Emissions and Total Fuel Consumption.
- The addition of Oracle Global Trade Management which supports the import-export compliance needs of companies engaged in global trade.
“Logistics and transportation management is an incredibly complex area that presents many different challenges for organizations as they try to optimize their supply chains,” said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. “The integration of the latest releases of Oracle Transportation Management and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne addresses these challenges by seamlessly unifying best-in-class capabilities on a single platform. The combination will help customers simplify and streamline management which in turn will lower costs, reduce inefficiencies and improve decision making.”
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Transportation Management Data Sheet
- Video: Derek Gittoes Introduces Oracle Transportation Management 6.1
- Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.0
- Oracle Fleet Management
- Oracle Global Trade Management
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.