Redwood Shores, Calif. – April 7, 2010
- CMA CGM, the world’s third largest container shipping company, realized significant cost savings, business efficiencies, decreased risks and improved regulatory compliance with Oracle Identity Management.
- Clear and well-defined business objectives combined with a complete identity and access management vision enabled CMA CGM to detect and eliminate all ghost accounts across various systems within three months after putting Oracle Identity Manager in operation.
- With Oracle Identity Management, by eliminating the need for superfluous ID resources, CMA CGM has significantly reduced license costs and has improved the global IT security level.
- This implementation also enabled CMA CGM to dramatically reduce the time it takes to provision new accounts, reaching a true performance: only one day, worldwide, to deliver an access with auditable evidences of requests, validations and authorizations.
- With Oracle Identity Management, CMA CGM was also able to achieve compliance with national and international laws and specific custom regulations and the auditable records generated by Oracle Identity Manager allowed CMA CGM to prepare the specific European Economic Registered Operator’s custom certification and think about an ISO 27001 certification.
Innovative Deployment Yields Outstanding Results
- CMA CGM is also a recipient of the Oracle Identity Management Innovation Award for Best Identity Deployment.
- Enhance Customer Service – Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing 2.2 offers utilities new tools that empower employees to improve customer service. The new application version provides enhanced cashiering functionalities that help streamline processes and improve the efficiency of walk-in payment centers, which can lead to shorter customer lines. The application also enables utilities to track customer preferences, ensuring the utility contacts customers through the channel the customer requests, which may include e-mail, phone, fax or postal mail.
- “Effective and efficient identity and access management is a critical business requirement that must be addressed,” said Rohit Gupta, vice president, Oracle Identity Management. “Without exception, we have found that clear and well defined business objectives are behind the most successful identity and access management deployments and the results that CMA CGM has achieved are a testament to that fact.”
- “The results we have been able to achieve only three months after putting Oracle Identity Management in operation have been completely outstanding,” said Jean-Christophe Monier, Group Chief Security Officer, CMA CGM. “The tremendous growth CMA CGM was experiencing, driven by multiple acquisitions and global expansion, was putting a strain on our current Identity Management practices. Working closely with Oracle, we have been able to reduce IT costs while improving security, compliance, user administration and delivered services. We are proud to be the first recipient of the Oracle Identity Management Innovation Award for Best Identity Deployment and are confident that Oracle Identity Manager will be able to support our business as it continues to grow.”
Oracle Identity Management 11g
Oracle Recognizes Customers with First Annual Identity Management Innovation Awards
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.