Redwood Shores, CA – November 1, 2010
- This week, Oracle welcomes global IT executives and thought leaders to Toronto for its annual Fall Oracle CIO Summit and first-ever Oracle Chief Security Officer (CSO) Summit.
- The Oracle CIO Summit and Oracle CSO Summit offer CIOs, CSOs and IT executives from more than 100 leading organizations the opportunity to meet, network and learn from some of the most recognized thought leaders in the world.
Oracle CIO Summit
- The Fall Oracle CIO Summit will take place November 1-3, 2010 at the Park Hyatt Toronto.
- Agenda highlights include leadership talks from Leslie Stahl, Emmy-award winning news journalist and Roger Martin, Dean of the Rotman School of Management, an advisor on strategy to CEOs, and award-winning author.
- Named one of the top 50 management thinkers in the world by The Times of London, Mark Hurd, Oracle President and Board member, leads a list of top Oracle executives who will share their unique experiences on leadership, innovation and technology, and discuss the critical role those issues play in business success.
Oracle Chief Security Officer (CSO) Summit
- Security is critical to ensuring business continuity and managing risks for increased and strategic growth. To help customers better understand and address security issues, Oracle is offering the first-ever Oracle Chief Security Officer Summit on November 3-4, 2010. This summit follows directly after the Oracle CIO Summit, also at the Park Hyatt Toronto.
- Highlighted speakers and industry luminaries for this inaugural summit include:
- Mark Hurd, Oracle President and Board member
- Bryan Sartin, Director of the Investigative Response Practice, Verizon Business
- Scott Borg, Director and Chief Economist (CEO), The U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit (US-CCU)
- John N. Stewart, Vice President and Chief Security Officer Corporate Security Programs Organization, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Vipin Samar, Vice President, Database Security Product Development, Oracle
“Daily headlines remind us how security and regulatory breaches can disrupt and irreparably damage businesses. In an era of pervasive external-facing applications, cloud computing services, and outsourcing, we are encouraging our customers to consider a proactive and holistic approach to security,” said Oracle President, Mark Hurd. “This new Oracle CSO Summit will offer a venue for meaningful discussion of the top security concerns facing business today. These types of Summits are a great way for a thoughtful exchange of ideas with our customers.”
- Oracle CIO Summit
- Oracle CSO Summit