Awards Honor Customers and Partners for Excellence and Innovation Using Oracle Solutions
Nominations for the Oracle Excellence Awards 2011 are now open. The Oracle Excellence Awards, which were first unveiled at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2010, recognize customers and partners who have excelled at driving business value and innovation with Oracle solutions. Customers and partners are invited to submit their nominations and success stories for consideration. Full details and submission guidelines are available on the Oracle Excellence Awards Website.
The 2011 awards consist of several categories, including two new areas for data warehouse technologies and Proactive Support.
- CIO of the Year—Recognizes outstanding performance and vision in the role of chief information officer (CIO) of an enterprise that uses Oracle products and services.
- Data Warehouse Leader of the Year—The Data Warehouse Leader of the Year award honors an individual who demonstrates excellent technical ability and superior knowledge of Oracle data warehouse technologies and consistently applies best practices.
- Eco-Enterprise Innovation—The Oracle Eco-Enterprise Innovation award honors select customers and partners for their use of Oracle products to take an environmental lead, reduce their costs, and improve their business efficiencies using green business practices.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards—The Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation awards honor customers for their cutting-edge solutions using Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions. Winners are selected based on the uniqueness of their business case, business benefits, level of impact relative to the size of the organization, complexity and magnitude of implementation, and the originality of architecture.
- Proactive Support: Champion of the Year—Proactive Support Executive Champion and Individual Champion awards will honor Oracle customers or partners who drive the adoption of proactive tools and resources within their company or client company.
- Specialized Partner of the Year—These awards recognize global Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized partners excelling in five categories, including database, middleware, applications, industry, and server and storage. The nominees are judged by a renowned team of IDC executives and analysts.
- Technologist of the Year Awards—Formerly Oracle Magazine Editors’ Choice awards, the Technologist of the Year awards recognize individuals in key roles for their extraordinary efforts and contributions to enterprise technology solutions. Global winners are selected for early-adopter and groundbreaking uses of Oracle technology and for defining their roles in a way that makes the industry take notice.
Judging of the awards will be done by a panel of judges recruited from Oracle’s independent users group communities around the world.
“The Oracle Excellence Awards offer a unique opportunity for Oracle to honor its customers and partners for their continued innovation and their dedication to advancing technology and driving business value,” said Jeb Dasteel, Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Officer, Oracle. “The awards have become a tremendous hit across the board, and this year we have expanded our categories to include two key areas—data warehousing and proactive support—that will allow us to recognize even more customers and partners for their excellence with Oracle technology.”
About the Oracle Excellence Awards
Excellence. It’s what drives Oracle and its customers and partners to continually discover innovative uses for Oracle technology and to deploy successful and ground-breaking solutions and best practices. In recognition of this, Oracle has created the Oracle Excellence Awards to honor our customers and partners who have excelled at driving business value and innovation with Oracle technology. Full details on the award categories and the application process are available on our website (linked above).