Redwood Shores, Calif. – March 15, 2010
- Enhancing its industry leading content management suite, Oracle today unveiled Oracle® Imaging and Process Management 11g and Oracle Forms Recognition. Both products are components of Oracle Fusion Middleware and are part of Oracle’s strategic solution for Enterprise Application Documents.
- Oracle is now the only company able to provide the combination of enterprise applications, business process management and content management to create a comprehensive imaging and process management solution that helps organizations automate document and image-intensive business processes, such as accounts payable, employee recruitment and onboarding, and claims processing.
- Oracle Forms Recognition is the latest addition to Oracle Content Management and is a best-of-breed intelligent data capture solution that can analyze, recognize, and categorize virtually any structured or semi-structured document type including invoices, purchase orders, bills of lading, and claims forms.
- Together, Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g and Oracle Forms Recognition help reduce the cost and complexity of imaging deployment and management.
- Organizations across multiple industries, including financial services, retail, manufacturing and healthcare, have improved business processes, simplified compliance, reduced costs and boosted productivity with Oracle Imaging and Process Management.
- Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g and Oracle Forms Recognition are available now.
Content Integration with Business Processes and Applications
- Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g is a comprehensive, integrated and cost-effective imaging product for the management of document images within enterprise business processes. In addition to enabling enterprise content consolidation through a single repository in Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g helps customers:
- Content-enable business applications and processes via pre-integration with business software, such as the Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Business Process Management Suite.
- Improve business processes that span lines of business and include paper-based and electronic transactions.
- Simplify deployment and accelerate time-to-value through a broad set of solution templates that provide pre-defined workflows, process rules, data forms and executive dashboards. (For example, a comprehensive, pre-packaged business process module for accounts payable is available with Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g.)
- Facilitate standards-based integrations and deployments based on a Service-Oriented Architecture and a Java Enterprise Edition compatible infrastructure.
- Deploy imaging solutions worldwide with support for 27 languages.
- With Oracle Forms Recognition, information required to complete document-intensive business processes can be automatically extracted from documents captured by Oracle Document Capture and integrated into appropriate enterprise applications, accelerating business processes and reducing the potential for manual data entry errors.
- In addition, Oracle Forms Recognition incorporates advanced learning capabilities, enabling organizations to save time and money by eliminating the need to create data capture templates for new business processes, vendors and document types.
- “Managing document and image-intensive business processes like accounts payable can be extremely time consuming and expensive without effective and integrated management,” said Andy MacMillan, vice president, Product Management, Oracle. “Invoices, receipts and exceptions can create a paper storm that delays payments, increases resource requirements and results in penalty fees and damaged business relationships. The launch of Oracle Forms Recognition and Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g, delivers a unified, comprehensive imaging and process management platform that helps put those documents and images where they belong and where they can be easily managed – in the applications business people use every day to complete their jobs.”
- “Oracle Imaging and Process Management has streamlined our manual and time-consuming processes, allowing us to gain more control over payment cycle times, expense participation and collection of common area reimbursements. The solution has a clear and defined ROI and has enabled us to fully measure many of the productivity gains for our associates,” said Robert Lieberman, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Centro Properties Group.
- View the Oracle Imaging and Process Management 11g Launch Webcast
- Oracle Content Management
- Oracle Enterprise Application Documents
- Independent Analyst Reports on Oracle Content Management
- Download Oracle Software – Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.