ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 19, 2010
- Oracle today unveiled Oracle Fusion Applications, the next generation of business applications. By setting the standard for application architecture, design and deployment, customers will be able to extend the value of their applications environment by using Oracle Fusion Applications components side-by-side with their existing applications portfolio.
- Delivered as a complete suite of modular applications, Oracle Fusion Applications coexist with existing Oracle Applications. As one module, a product family or the entire suite, customers can choose to leverage the advances pioneered by Oracle at a pace that matches business needs for a new level of performance.
- Designed from the ground-up, leveraging the latest technology advances and incorporating best practices gathered from Oracle’s thousands of customers, Oracle Fusion Applications are 100 percent open standards-based business applications that set a new standard for users to innovate, work and adopt technology.
- Oracle Fusion Applications provide rich functional capabilities with over 100 modules in 7 different product families providing functionality for many industries and geographies – Financial Management, Procurement and Sourcing, Project and Portfolio Management, Human Capital Management, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, and Governance Risk and Compliance.
Key Benefits of Oracle Fusion Applications Include:
- Service-oriented architecture: Built on a SOA foundation, Oracle Fusion Applications give users the ability to uniquely manage functions across a heterogeneous environment, such as Distributed Order Orchestration and Shared Services Procurement.
- Role-Based user experience: Oracle Fusion Applications offer a revolutionary new role-based user experience, uniting exception-based processing, business intelligence, transactions and collaboration in context of the work being performed. Oracle Fusion Applications provides user with: “what do I need to know”, “what do I need to do”, “how do I get it done” and “who do I need to contact”.
- Embedded business intelligence: Oracle Fusion Applications feature embedded business intelligence that delivers the right information to make decisions within the context of the work being performed, without having to go to a separate BI system.
The New Standard for Innovation
Only Oracle Fusion Applications are built on a foundation of 100 percent standards-based middleware using a Service-Oriented approach and a common data model. This modern approach benefits both business and IT—accelerating the pace of change and innovation while simultaneously lowering both short and long-term costs. In addition, simplified configuration and a common data model enable a change-once-change everywhere approach to business—speeding the pace of innovation and reducing the obstacles and delays.
The New Standard for Work
Oracle Fusion Applications feature a role-based user experience that integrates embedded business intelligence, exception-based alerts and collaboration capability delivered together in the context of the work being performed.
The New Standard for Adoption
- Oracle Fusion Applications provide organizations with unmatched choice and flexibility to adopt in a modular fashion, to adopt a range of deployment choices, to scale up or down as business needs change.
- Self-Service administration interfaces, functional configuration guides and tools, and an integrated help system with embedded video training for business users provide state of the art training on implementation patterns and end user training.
- Oracle Fusion Applications offer a complete set of deployment options – from on premise, to private clouds, public clouds, and business process outsourcing or hybrid combinations of these.
- The ability to implement in a modular fashion and to co-exist with existing Applications from either Oracle or third parties provides customers the broadest choice in adopting Oracle Fusion Applications without having to necessarily rip-and-replace existing investments.
“Oracle Fusion Applications bring a new era of application software and technology investments going forward,” said Steve Miranda, SVP of Oracle Application Development. “To set a new standard, we listened and gathered the best practices from thousands of customers to deliver the first 100 percent open and standards-based business applications. Beginning today, Oracle Fusion Applications define how organizations innovate, work and adopt technology.”
- Oracle Applications Strategy
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion Applications Design Principles
- Oracle Fusion HCM
- Oracle Fusion CRM
- Oracle Fusion Financials
- Oracle Fusion SCM
- Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle Fusion Procurement
- Oracle Fusion GRC
- Oracle Images and Screenshots on Flickr
About Oracle Fusion Applications
Oracle Fusion Applications are 100% open standards-based business applications that provide a new standard for the way we innovate, work and adopt technology. Delivered as a complete suite of modular applications, Oracle Fusion Applications work together with existing applications portfolio to evolve business to a new level of performance.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
“THE FOLLOWING IS INTENDED TO OUTLINE OUR GENERAL PRODUCT DIRECTION. IT IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO ANY CONTRACT. IT IS NOT A COMMITMENT TO DELIVER ANY MATERIAL, CODE, OR FUNCTIONALITY, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS. THE DEVELOPMENT, RELEASE, AND TIMING OF ANY FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITY DESCRIBED FOR ORACLE’S PRODUCTS REMAINS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF ORACLE. ADDITIONAL FEES FOR PRODUCTS MENTIONED MAY APPLY.”