San Francisco and Redwood Shores, Calif. – March 29, 2010
- Ricoh Electronics, Inc., a leading supplier of advanced office automation equipment, has successfully gone live on the first deployment of Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management 9.1, which was implemented by Optimum Solutions, a Platinum Partner in the Oracle® PartnerNetwork and a leading implementer of PeopleSoft HCM solutions.
- A company on the cutting edge of technology, Ricoh Electronics, one of over 300 domestic and overseas companies that comprise Ricoh Company, Ltd., a $22 billion global corporation, faced an upgrade path spanning multiple ‘intermediary’ steps to move from version 8.3 to 9.1.
- Beginning in September 2009, Ricoh worked closely with Optimum and Oracle’s PeopleSoft product strategy and development teams to begin its upgrade when the new PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.1 solution was released, resulting in a go-live in only six months.
- PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.1 is a core platform that addresses end-to-end human resources responsibilities for global organizations. In addition to best-in-class integrated talent management, workforce management and workforce service delivery, the latest version includes embedded Web 2.0 capabilities and new industry-specific enhancements.
Strategic Upgrade Methodology
- Ricoh Electronics also sought to align its PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.1 upgrade project with the strategic goal of expanding its PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM footprint by deploying additional modules to its entire user population. By taking advantage of the expanded functionality in the latest PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.1 release, eliminating customizations, and further automating manual processes, Ricoh Electronics is gaining efficiencies from a fully integrated solution, and can increase user productivity and reduce costs.
- Optimum utilized its RapidSolutionsSM Upgrade methodology, comprised of fully tested proprietary scripts and data conversion processes, to bring this landmark deployment live on schedule and on budget. Optimum’s RapidSolutionsSM approach eliminates the technical complexity of the standard multi-step upgrade path, while streamlining the implementation of new functionality available in version 9.1 and the upgrade process as a whole.
- As a result, Ricoh Electronics is realizing increased flexibility, more efficient business process execution and improved organizational effectiveness across its Enterprise Human Resources operations.
- “We are proud to be the first company to deploy Oracle’s PeopleSoft HCM 9.1. We chose to implement the latest release of PeopleSoft because we felt that by eliminating manual processes and increasing the functionality we would gain significant efficiencies. We also anticipate increased user productivity and reduced costs as a result of the fully integrated system,” notes Jill Allen, HRIS manager, Ricoh Electronics. “Optimum’s industry-leading PeopleSoft expertise, its RapidSolutionsSM methodology and its cohesive project team approach enabled us to execute our upgrade very efficiently and quickly. The results far exceeded the goals and expectations of our leadership team in many ways, including the adaptation of functionality beyond the original project scope while maintaining the original timeline. Optimum is on the cutting edge of the latest PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM implementation and upgrade methodologies and is a true pioneer in the marketplace.”
- “Our partnership with Ricoh Electronics is extremely important for Optimum. Being the first to bring a customer live on Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.1 is tremendously valuable and will continue to bolster Optimum’s recognition as an innovator and industry leader in the PeopleSoft space. This project together with all PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.1 projects we have underway reflects our close collaboration with Oracle in taking the PeopleSoft 9.1 products to market and is a strategic differentiator for Optimum’s PeopleSoft Center of Excellence,” states John Doel, director HCM Practice, Optimum Solutions.
- “We’re very excited to have Ricoh Electronics as our first customer to successfully deploy PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.1. This release is one of the most robust and comprehensive releases in PeopleSoft’s history and we’re pleased that our customers are recognizing real business value. Optimum demonstrated their expertise in implementing HCM solutions and HR best practices and this extraordinary success is well-deserved,” said Paco Aubrejuan, Oracle’s vice president and general manager of PeopleSoft.
- Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications
- Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM
- PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Solution Factory
- Press release: Oracle Unveils PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management 9.1 and PeopleTools 8.50
- Oracle PartnerNetwork
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM Blog
About Optimum Solutions
Optimum Solutions is a leading implementer of Oracle® E-Business Suite, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise and Oracle® Business Intelligence solutions. For more information, please visit http://www.optimumsolutions.com.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.