Latest Retail Management Software Helps Independent Retailers Transform Businesses with Technology Tools to Grow Faster and Better Serve Customers
Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, today announced the latest version of its retail business management solution, Epicor Eagle. A next-generation system designed for small to mid-sized retailers in North America, the new release includes enhancements that will enable retailers to take full advantage of leading-edge cloud technologies — helping them grow profitable businesses, faster.
Retailers succeed with leading-edge technologies
Independent retailers are already taking advantage of the new Eagle release functionality. Williams Lumber and Home Centers, a hardware, lumber, and building materials retailer with eight locations in New York, has been a beta tester for the solution. “We like to stay up-to-date on key technology and Epicor helps us do that. The newest release of Epicor Eagle software gives us the tools we need to keep in front of our customers,” said Frank Trippi, IT director, Williams Lumber and Home Centers.
Cloud technology connects businesses faster
The new Eagle release also leverages cloud technology in the following ways, among other enhancements:
- Epicor AP Assist capabilities help retailers securely store scanned accounts payable documents in the cloud
- The Epicor Eagle Texting application uses the cloud to reach customers about rainchecks and when special orders or repairs are ready
- The cloud-based Epicor Scheduling+™ intelligent workforce management solution helps make staff scheduling easier, faster, and more accurate, while helping cut labor costs
- Firearms dealers will find enhanced integration between Eagle software and the fully cloud-based Epicor FFL Compliance Manager™ solution — speeding and simplifying both receiving processes and data imports
- The new Epicor Eagle Mobile+ solution enables physical inventory counting with any mobile device — no specialized hardware required
“We are really excited about the new Epicor Eagle Mobile+ inventory functionality. With this tool, we’ll be able to access inventory management on an iPad, iPhone, or other mobile device. It will also allow us to have more devices, at least one in every department, to be able to cycle count more efficiently. Epicor Eagle Mobile+ will help us keep a competitive edge in the market by improving our inventory maintenance and having the products our customers need, when they need them,” said Trippi.
“Independent retailers are looking for new ways to become better connected without damaging customer service levels or increasing spending,” said Doug Smith, director, product management and marketing, Epicor. “The new version of Epicor Eagle will help retailers boost efficiency, customer loyalty, and the bottom line, while growing their businesses through faster, smoother processes.”