Integration Advancement Drives Omnichannel Success for Retail, Manufacturing and Wholesale Distribution Businesses
NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, and SPS Commerce, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPSC), a leader in retail cloud supply chain services, today announced a deeper integration of their product sets designed to bring the promise of intelligent commerce collaboration to retailers, manufacturers and wholesale distributors. Enhanced item master management, shared point-of-sale (POS) analytics, and new drop-ship integration allow businesses to improve supply chain communication, intelligence and automation. This seamless collaboration from supplier to seller to customer drives omnichannel success for businesses and is only possible due to the native cloud architecture of both NetSuite and SPS Commerce.
Today’s consumers demand better service from retailers including a much broader selection of products, immediate order fulfillment and lower prices. To respond to those demands, today’s retailers and brand manufacturers face a number of technology challenges: expanding their product assortment through endless aisle; managing up-to-date product information from hundreds of suppliers; and simultaneously fulfilling orders immediately from hundreds of stores, warehouses and suppliers. However, the software systems they are using were likely designed and built before the Internet existed and are spread across multiple point solutions. These retailers are left with incomplete, siloed information, disjointed and manual processes and limited visibility into supply and demand, resulting in stockouts or excess inventory and ultimately higher costs and lower profit margins.
The answer is scalable and adaptable automation that eliminates manual processes so retailers and brand manufacturers can sell across any touchpoint, any channel, anytime, anywhere to keep pace with the digital consumer. That relies on constant collaboration between the retailer and supplier to bring visibility to the supply chain to keep consumers informed of order status, availability and, most critically, delivery date.
“Streamlining the flow of information from supplier to retailer to consumer is vital to deliver a successful omnichannel experience,” said Zach Nelson, CEO of NetSuite. “The combined capabilities of NetSuite and SPS Commerce enable modern retailers to achieve omnichannel success through the close coupling of these two leading retail solutions.”
“The market is demanding scalable, powerful solutions that bring adaptability and reduce friction to grow,” said Archie Black, president and CEO SPS Commerce. “This is the next step in a successful partnership where NetSuite and SPS are uniquely poised to provide the nimble supply chain solutions needed for omnichannel retail.”
The deeper integration between NetSuite and SPS commerce delivers key capabilities to omnichannel retailers to foster intelligent collaboration and build an intelligent supply chain for omnichannel success. These key capabilities and benefits include:
- Scalable, adaptable automation that replaces manual processes and allows omnichannel retailers to keep pace with the digital consumer. The NetSuite-SPS Commerce integration fuels an endless aisle by providing automated inventory levels, location and product data, from suppliers to retailers, to deliver accurate, up-to-date availability and product information.
- Collaboration between retailers and suppliers that is critical to the ability to grow market share online and across all channels. Deeper integration delivers improved collaboration between retailers and suppliers through integrated POS data shared seamlessly from SPS Commerce’s Retail Business Network, a community enabling retailers, suppliers and third-party logistics providers (3PLs) to find, connect and form new business partnerships based on product or integration requirements, and the NetSuite business management suite, encompassing ERP, order management, POS, ecommerce and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Anytime, anywhere fulfillment, allowing the retailer or supplier to fulfill from the most cost-efficient and timely option, including drop ship and ship from store.
- The ability to share accurate and comprehensive information on products with customers, one of the most important being delivery date, helping to win sales.
- Built in the cloud and for the cloud so retailers are always on the latest software release and able to keep up with the rapidly-evolving market.
Retailers like Beyond the Rack, Honey Stinger and Zumba Fitness are already benefitting from the tight integration between NetSuite and SPS Commerce to succeed in today’s omnichannel world. Today, NetSuite and SPS Commerce also announced these customer success stories (for more, please see NetSuite and SPS Commerce Empower Nimble Supply Chains to Embrace Omnichannel Retail). Along with existing integrations between NetSuite and SPS Commerce’s EDI solution, which allows suppliers to seamlessly communicate order, inventory and shipment information from NetSuite through SPS Commerce to their trading and supply chain partners such as 3PLs and sourcing companies, the enhanced partnership has retailers well positioned for the omnichannel requirements of tomorrow.
About SPS Commerce SPS Commerce perfects the power of trading partner relationships with the industry’s most broadly adopted, retail cloud services platform. As a leader in cloud-based supply chain management solutions, we provide prewired, proven integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers worldwide. With a singular focus on the retail marketplace, we revolutionized traditional EDI systems by developing a platform that enables highly cost-effective and reliable trading partner collaboration. SPS Commerce has achieved 53 consecutive quarters of revenue growth and is headquartered in Minneapolis. For additional information, please contact SPS Commerce at 866-245-8100 or visit www.spscommerce.com.