FARNBOROUGH, UK – Jan 05, 2011 – Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving over 70,000 customers, today announced that Memco, a global provider of elevator safety and communications systems, has successfully upgraded to Infor ERP SyteLine 8.0 to support increased productivity across its European operations and future-proof its IT infrastructure.
- Memco upgraded to SyteLine 8.0 to support its operations across the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Czech Republic, having previously used Syteline 6.0.
- The Advanced Planning and Scheduling capability in SyteLine 8.0 will help increase forecasting accuracy in Memco’s production, which takes place in the Czech Republic, and support process and information consistency.
- Memco expects SyteLine to increase the speed of its inventory and stock-take processes, saving four full days each year which equates to a productivity increase of 2%.
- SyteLine facilitates comprehensive visibility of Memco’s customer orders across all sites, helping to ensure they are delivered on time and in full.
- The enhanced Windows-based user interface enables the system to be fine-tuned to the preferences of each department, encouraging user adoption and maximising business benefits.
- Memco cites the ability to tailor reports specifically to the needs of departments and individuals as a major benefit.
- With support from Infor’s consultants, the upgrade was seamless and SyteLine 8.0 is now live for 48 users.
- In-built advanced planning and scheduling (APS) functionality and the ability to deliver enhanced productivity are cited by Memco as key benefits of its upgrade to SyteLine 8.0.
What Memco Says
“With operations across Europe, it is fundamental that we can rely on a system to facilitate 100% visibility of customer orders throughout their lifecycle, to help ensure that productivity is maximised,” comments Simon Goffin, financial director, Memco. “SyteLine 8.0 is easy to use and adapts to the needs of each department. Given that the upgrade was quick and straightforward, the business benefits of the system are already being experienced.”
What We Say
“Any manufacturer operating in today’s tough economic climate faces a daily challenge to remain competitive,” comments Andrew Kinder, director of ERP product marketing, Infor. “As costs increase and prices continue to be driven down, productivity is the only variable left which holds the potential to be influenced. SyteLine 8.0 enables manufacturers like Memco to increase their productivity to achieve operational excellence and boost margins.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor ERP SyteLine – http://www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/sl/
- Research from IDC Manufacturing Insights – http://www.infor.co.uk/idc-manufacturing-insights/
- Demo – www.infor.com/company/solutiondemos/solutiondemos-erp/709911/
- Analyst report- www.infor.com/content/analyst/aberdeen-erp-sme.pdf/
- Whitepaper – www.infor.com/content/whitepapers/managing-change-erp.pdf/
- Join the conversation – www.infor.com/infornow/inforlive/
Memco (www.memco.co.uk) is the global provider of elevator safety and communication systems. Established in 1971 and with its head office in the UK, Memco exports over 80% of production. The company has offices in France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Czech Republic and achieves global coverage through Asian sister company TL Jones and US-based sister company Janus.
Infor is a leading provider of business applications, with over 8,000 employees serving over 70,000 customers in 125 countries. Infor focuses on two core beliefs: the importance of constant innovation and the value of laser focus on its customers. Infor delivers software that is simple to buy, easy to deploy, and convenient to manage.
Infor’s focus on automating key business processes and integrating over 70 acquisitions of proven and widely deployed application products has served its customers well. These customers include:
- The top 8 aerospace companies
- 9 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 9 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 80 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 19 of the top 35 retailers
- 9 of the top 20 electrical distributors
- The top 4 brewers
- Over 1,100 apparel and footwear companies
- Over 1,100 state and local government agencies
- Over 3,000 financial services companies
- Over 7,000 machinery manufacturers
For additional information about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.