COLLABORATE 2010, LAS VEGAS, NV – April 19, 2010
- Korean Air, the world’s largest cargo airline and one of the top airlines in Asia with 21.89 million passengers annually, has implemented the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 to benefit from a standardized enterprise-wide management system with an advanced business infrastructure for real-time decision making.
- Oracle Consulting has undertaken this multi-phase project since its inception in October 2007. As one of the most comprehensive ERP projects in the global aviation industry, Oracle Consulting has developed Revenue Accounting and Managerial Accounting systems, enabling in-depth, multi-dimensional profitability analysis by flight within just three hours of departure, as well as revenue management in real-time.
- Korean Air has also streamlined enterprise-scale purchasing processes and reduced procurement costs with automated order placements and purchasing analysis.
- The carrier’s Financial, Catering and Aerospace divisions are beneficiaries in this phase of Oracle Applications deployment. Upcoming phases will involve the carrier’s Maintenance and Engineering operations.
- The use of Oracle Master Data Management further enhances the reliability and consistency of analyzed data, and improves the accuracy and quality of information presented.
Other Oracle technologies being used by Korean Air include Oracle Database, Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- “Korean Air, with its 40th anniversary, planned an ERP project that improves business processes toward global best practices in order to establish fundamentals for global leadership in the aviation industry,” said Sangman Lee, Managing VP of ERP Division, Korean Air. “We chose Oracle because it offered end-to-end solutions needed by Korean Air to help us respond flexibly to a rapidly changing business environment.”
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Master Data Management
- Oracle Consulting
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.