ATLANTA and WASHINGTON D.C. – Jul 12, 2010 – Infor, the leading provider of business software for mid-market companies, today launched Infor24, the company’s comprehensive initiative to deliver cloud-based versions of its most popular business software. Infor24 solutions are available now, providing customers with an optimum mix of rich functionality and deployment flexibility. Infor and Infor24 will be featured in a keynote speech this morning by Bob Muglia, president of Microsoft’s Server & Tools Business, at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC). Muglia’s speech can be viewed live or replayed at digitalwpc.com.
- Infor24 solutions for expense management, asset management and enterprise resource planning (ERP) are available now.
- Each provides the proven and reliable functionality of the respective on-premise Infor application, delivered as a cloud-based service, with flexible pricing options.
- The solutions also use Infor ION™ to securely share data with a customer’s on-premise Infor and non-Infor applications, adding deployment flexibility and easing hybrid implementations.
- Next-generation solutions are being developed now for planned release in 2011 using the Windows Azure environment, including an enhanced version of Infor24 Expense Management planned for release in the first half of next year.
- These future solutions will be delivered from Microsoft Azure datacenters, and optimized to run using Azure technologies, including SQL Azure.
- Infor chose Windows Azure as its preferred cloud platform because, after extensive research, it determined Microsoft to be the most flexible and robust platform provider across on-premise and cloud-based applications. Because of this, Infor is confident Windows Azure will give Infor and its partners a clear speed and efficiency advantage when bringing solutions to market.
What Microsoft Says
“With their adoption of the Windows Azure platform, Infor will be able to quickly deliver its business applications as a service to its more than 70,000 customers,” said Muglia. “Microsoft is delivering software, services and tools to our partners like Infor, and to customers, that enable them to realize the many benefits that a cloud-based model offers.”
What Customers Say
Mohawk Fine Papers
“With on-premise Infor Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Asset Sustainability Edition (ASE), we have significantly lowered our total energy consumption, reduced our carbon footprint, and enhanced Mohawk’s environmental stewardship leadership in the industry,” said Paul Stamas, vice president, Information Technology, Mohawk Fine Papers. “We’re thrilled to see Infor’s product roadmap evolve with the Infor24 launch and even closer integration with Microsoft. Infor24 cloud-based solutions using Infor ION offer higher levels of enterprise agility and the flexibility to deploy best-of-breed applications.”
Pengrowth Energy Trust
“Infor’s hosted Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution allows us to employ preventative maintenance and continually prove to regulatory bodies in the oil and gas industry that we are conducting proper maintenance on our equipment, a critical aspect of our business,” said Jiju Thomas, team lead, Operations (Information) Systems, Pengrowth Energy Trust. “Partnering with Microsoft is one of the best decisions Infor has made as it will allow us to draw from a larger and more widely available resource pool. Furthermore, this partnership will foster greater alignment with our existing technology as we already have SharePoint implemented.”
What Saugatuck Technology Says
“Infor’s investment in leading-edge yet simple integration technologies combined with its recently announced strategic partnership with Microsoft provides a solid foundation to help bring Infor and its mid-market customers to the cloud,” said Bill McNee, founder and CEO of Saugatuck Technology. “This is important because our research shows that by year-end 2014, 40 percent or more of all new enterprise IT decisions will be cloud-based – whether stand-alone or as hybrid implementations. But equally as important, this announcement furthers the transition of Infor the company from a well financed application aggregator to a more nimble and relevant business solutions provider for the twenty first century.”
What We Say
“We’ve heard loud and clear from an increasing number of our mid-market customers that they want the benefits of cloud-based services, but without sacrificing reliability or functionality,” said Jim Schaper, chairman and chief executive officer for Infor. “With Infor24 powered by Microsoft Windows Azure, customers will get the rich functionality they want, the cost-effectiveness and simplicity they need, and the rock-solid dependability they can’t afford to lose. Infor24 powered by Azure is not only the right choice, it’s the safe choice.”
- Infor Live – Join the conversation at www.infor.com/infornow/inforlive/
- Infor24 – www.infor.com/infor24
- Infor24 Expense Management – www.infor.com/infor24/xm/
- Infor24 Asset Management – www.infor.com/infor24/eam-am/
- Infor24 SyteLine ERP – www.infor.com/infor24/syteline/
- Infor ION – www.infor.com/company/ION
- Microsoft Windows Azure – www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/
- Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) – digitalwpc.com/
At Infor, we work with a core belief. We believe in the customer. We believe that the customer is seeking a better, more collaborative relationship with its business software provider. And a new breed of business software: created for evolution, not revolution. Software that’s simple to buy, easy to deploy and convenient to manage. Our 70,000 customers in more than 100 countries and 8,000+ employees stand with us. We look forward to your sharing in the results of our belief. There is a better way. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor’s product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement