ATLANTA – Oct 12, 2010 – Infor, the leading provider of business software for mid-market companies, today launched Infor CRM Business, the latest addition to its customer relationship management (CRM) solution family. Infor CRM Business is designed to provide mid-sized companies leading-edge functionality that is easy and intuitive to learn, use and manage. The first version of Infor CRM Business is available now, providing diverse tools for improving customer experiences and harnessing immediate growth opportunities across marketing, sales and customer service. Infor plans to extend the core functionality of Microsoft Dynamics CRM in subsequent releases, adding exclusive new capabilities based on its deep domain expertise in key verticals, including distribution, manufacturing and public sector.
- Infor introduced Infor CRM Business in direct response to mid-sized customers’ increasing requests for a cost-effective CRM solution that is closely aligned with their company size, usage models and typical IT resources.
- To address this demand quickly, Infor expanded its independent software vendor (ISV) agreement with Microsoft, enabling it to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM as the core of the new Infor CRM Business solution.
- Infor plans to significantly extend the core Dynamics CRM functionality, adding industry-specific configurations and content for added value. Planned enhancements in subsequent releases include vertical industry business processes, reporting templates, data analytics, key performance indicators (KPIs), dashboards, data entry screens and menus.
- Other planned enhancements include the following:
- Enablement of data sharing and business process participation with other Infor applications using Infor ION.
- Addition of a Microsoft SharePoint powered interface to create a unified experience with other Infor software solutions.
- Inclusion of Microsoft single sign-on services, allowing employees to use one set of credentials for a variety of Infor applications, including Infor CRM Business.
- The addition of Infor CRM Business allows Infor to provide CRM solutions to a significantly wider range of companies, spanning the mid-market to the largest multinationals. The complete Infor CRM family is now comprised of the following:
- Infor CRM Epiphany: The best fit for the largest companies seeking maximum scalability, with integration and use of customer data across an extensive set of communication channels, using the intelligent decision making capabilities of Interaction Advisor.
- Infor CRMi: Designed specifically for the needs of larger companies with significant existing investments in System i (AS/400) infrastructure.
- Infor CRM Business: Optimized for mid-sized companies, with comprehensive functionality that is simple to configure and easy to use, closely integrated with other widely adopted Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Office.
What MSFT Says
“Our unique and growing relationship with Infor allows us to deliver exceptional quality and value to our mutual customers,” said Brad Wilson, general manager, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Management Group. “We are excited to support Infor and Infor partners driving business with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SQL Server.”
What We Say
“As we looked to further address mid-sized companies’ needs and differentiate ourselves in the market, we realized we needed an easy-to-use, affordable CRM solution that would complement our unified technology strategy and provide fast return on the customer’s investment,” said Soma Somasundaram, senior vice president, Global Product Development, Infor. “Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a natural fit given our recently announced agreement to more closely align technologies, its low cost and ease-of-use. Perhaps most importantly, an increasing number of our mid-sized customers have been asking for it.”
- Infor CRM spotlight – http://www.infor.com/solutions/crm/crmspotlight/
- Infor CRM Business – http://www.infor.com/product_summary/crm/crm-business/
- Infor CRM Epiphany – http://www.infor.com/solutions/crm/
- Infor CRMi – http://www.infor.com/product_summary/crm/iedition/
- Infor ION – http://www.infor.com/company/technology/ION/
- Join the conversation – www.infor.com/infornow/inforlive/
At Infor, we work with a core belief. We believe in the customer. We believe that the customer is seeking a better, more collaborative relationship with its business software provider. And a new breed of business software: created for evolution, not revolution. Software that’s simple to buy, easy to deploy and convenient to manage. Our 70,000 customers in more than 100 countries and 8,000+ employees stand with us. We look forward to your sharing in the results of our belief. There is a better way. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor’s product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.