ATLANTA – Nov 15, 2010 – Infor, the leading provider of business applications to mid-sized companies, today announced Infor AutoConnect, a demand management solution for suppliers in the automotive industry. Built upon Infor’s automotive domain expertise, AutoConnect provides a single view into planning, production and shipping across the industry’s complex supply chains. AutoConnect integrates with Infor enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as Infor ERP LN, as well as third-party ERP systems. The combined power of Infor AutoConnect and Infor ERP systems helps suppliers strengthen their critical relationships with OEMs, accelerate response time to customer demands, better support varying OEM business practices, and ease expansion into new markets.
- Infor AutoConnect is a new flexible and scalable demand management solution designed to help suppliers better compete in the increasingly complex and globalized automotive industry.
- The solution consolidates multiple electronic data interchanges (EDI) into a single solution, providing suppliers global visibility and communication across the entire supply chain enabling them to:
- Reduce administrative costs
- Accelerate response to supply chain variability such as customer order changes and demand shifts
- Help ensure compliance with differing import, export and other regulations across regions
- Improve global logistics visibility, delivery execution and shipping accuracy
- Ease expansion into new markets and regions through rapid addition of new up-stream and down-stream supply chain partners
- AutoConnect uses the deep automotive domain expertise from Infor to extend, complement and integrate with any ERP system to support standard industry business practices and trading partner variations.
What Truck-Lite Europe Says
“Truck-Lite Europe had several different ERP systems and EDI methodologies deployed and were looking to standardize on a solution that provided a comprehensive view of the business and addressed the requirements of an automotive manufacturer,” said Paul Beavis, IT manager, Truck-Lite Europe. “Truck-Lite Europe selected Infor ERP LN Automotive including AutoConnect for the comprehensive financials, to streamline the automotive business processes, reduce costs and become more competitive.”
What We Say
“With volatile customer demands and complex global supply chains, the automotive industry puts unprecedented pressure on its suppliers,” said Wolfram Schmid, director, automotive solution management, Infor. “Infor AutoConnect helps automotive companies reduce costs to increase profitability and ensure long-term viability by providing their OEM customers with greater service, dependability and support for worldwide operations.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor automotive microsite – www.infor.com/industries/automotive/
- Infor automotive brochure – www.infor.com/content/brochures/393004/
- Whitepaper – www.infor.com/content/whitepapers/automotive-secrets2.pdf/
- Join the conversation – www.infor.com/infornow/inforlive/
Infor is the largest provider of business applications to mid-sized companies, with over 8,000 employees serving over 70,000 customers in 125 countries. Infor focuses on two core beliefs: the importance of constant innovation and the value of laser focus on its customers. Infor delivers software that is simple to buy, easy to deploy, and convenient to manage.
Infor’s focus on automating key business processes and integrating over 70 acquisitions of proven and widely deployed application products has served its customers well. These customers include:
- 14 of the world’s top 25 automotive suppliers
- More than 4,500 machinery manufacturers
- The top 10 aerospace companies
- Over 450 major apparel and footwear companies
- Nine of the top 10 high tech companies
- 21 of the top 35 life sciences companies
- Nearly half of the top 100 electrical distributors
- 1,000 financial services companies
- 2,000 municipalities and government agencies
- 22 of the top 50 global retailers
- Seven of the top 10 brewers
For additional information about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor’s product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.