Redwood Shores, CA – December 1, 2010
- Sunrider International, a leading herbal products company with retail stores in China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Australia, has implemented Oracle® Retail Stores applications and the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 in China, with plans to roll-out to Taiwan in 2011.
- Sunrider is using Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management, Oracle Retail Point-of-Service, Oracle Retail Central Office and Oracle Retail Back Office to provide a single platform for store operations worldwide, fulfill the wide range of localization needs in each market, and enable easier compliance with varied international regulatory requirements.
- Infogain, a Gold member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), helped Sunrider to implement the Oracle Retail stores applications for three new stores in less than 12 weeks, speeding the initial phase of Sunrider’s international expansion program in Asia.
- Sunrider is utilizing the integrated Oracle Retail Stores applications and the Oracle E-Business Suite to continue to improve and leverage centralized manufacturing, inventory and financial processes across its new store locations.
- The retailer’s store operations, inventory and supply chain teams will use the integrated Oracle Applications to better anticipate local demand and manage the supply chain lead-time to optimize product availability.
- Sunrider also will use the Oracle Applications to ensure high levels of customer service by delivering consistent pricing, promotions and loyalty programs across all markets.
- Oracle Retail Store Solutions provide Sunrider with the key capabilities required by global, multi-national retailers such as multi-currency and multi-language functionality.
- Los Angeles-based Sunrider owns eight manufacturing facilities worldwide and operates in 44 countries, and for many years has supported its growing business operations with Oracle technology solutions including the Oracle Database, Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle Linux.
- Sunrider invested in Oracle Retail Stores applications and the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 in August 2009.
- “Oracle provides us the ability to be able to dynamically adapt to changing market conditions, and business needs by giving us information from our manufacturing processes down to our retailers and distributors,” said Jonathan Chen, IT director, Sunrider. “Oracle Retail applications extend that reach by providing an extensible platform to gather information about our end-customers.”
- “Today’s international expansions in retail are happening faster and across more diverse markets than ever before,” said Andrea Morgan-Vandome, vice president, Oracle Retail Strategy and Solution Marketing. “This change is something we anticipated when developing Oracle Retail Release 13.1 and, as a result, we believe that Oracle is well positioned to help support global retailers like Sunrider by helping to address their unique language, currency, regulatory, and financial requirements.”
- “As a global roll-out specialist and proven Oracle implementation partner, Infogain provided the technical and functional knowledge needed to meet Sunrider’s aggressive expansion effort timelines,” said Ray Allen, vice president and general manager of Infogain’s Retail Business Practice. “Playing a key role in these international growth plans has been a tremendous accomplishment for Infogain. It’s a true testament to our long-standing relationship with both Sunrider and Oracle.”
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail Customer Success
- Oracle in Retail
- Oracle PartnerNetwork
- Sunrider International Inc.
- Infogain in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle is the number one provider of innovative and comprehensive industry software solutions for retailers – enabling organizations to serve their customers better by applying insight into daily business decisions for more profitable results. With software that provides supply chain, operations, merchandising, store systems, optimization as well as enterprise applications and infrastructure software, Oracle partners with the world’s leading retail companies, including 20 of the 20 top retailers worldwide, to transform the economics of their businesses.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.