ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 22, 2010
- Continuing its commitment to support and expand Oracle’s Applications Unlimited, Oracle today announced an early adopter customer program and partner momentum for developing Oracle Fusion Applications.
- By tapping into key partners, Oracle will provide a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances and drive better business performance with Oracle Fusion Applications, which work side by side with applications within Oracle’s broad portfolio.
- Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments.
Oracle Fusion Applications provide organizations with unmatched choice and flexibility to adopt in a modular fashion across a range of deployment choices, and to scale up or down as business needs change.
- Self-Service administration interfaces, functional configuration guides and tools, and an integrated help system with embedded video training for business users provide state of the art training on implementation patterns and end user training.
- Oracle Fusion Applications offer a complete set of deployment options – from on premise, to private clouds, public clouds, and business process outsourcing or hybrid combinations of these.
- The ability to implement in a modular fashion and to co-exist with existing applications from either Oracle or third parties provides customers the broadest choice in adopting Oracle Fusion Applications without having to necessarily rip-and-replace existing investments.
Early Adopter Program
- The Oracle Fusion Applications Early Adopter Customer Program (EAP) is by invitation only and enables strategic customers to get direct hands-on access to the next-generation Fusion Applications software before general availability.
- This program is another example of Oracle’s commitment to listen to customers and help make them successful with early implementations of Oracle Fusion Applications.
The goal of the program is to engage with early adopters considering Oracle Fusion Applications and to give customers direct access to deeply knowledgeable Oracle experts including Oracle’s software development organization.
Oracle Fusion Applications Ramp-up Partners
- Over 18-months ago Oracle Product Development hand-picked a select set of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) systems integration (SI) partners to work with Oracle Fusion Applications teams to:
- Develop specific service offerings;
- Implement best-practices such as Oracle Fusion Applications co-existence with other solutions in the Oracle portfolio (e.g. Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Siebel CRM);
- Publish Oracle Fusion Application Point-of-Views – such as Oracle Fusion Applications Red Papers;
- Extend their Oracle Applications Centers of Excellence (COEs) for Oracle Fusion Applications and;
- Participate in market growth activities – such as engaging with early adoption clients.
- These Oracle Fusion Applications Ramp-Up Partners are uniquely positioned to engage and deliver successful Oracle Fusion Applications implementations, be it standalone, upgrade, or co-existence with other Oracle Applications.
- Oracle Fusion Applications Ramp-Up Partners have participated in over 12 months of product design reviews, hands-on product testing of the products, functional configuration and functional flow validation, review and validation of user interface design, and one-to-one engagement with Oracle Product Development.
Oracle Fusion Applications Migration Co-Development Partners
- In addition to participating as Oracle Fusion Applications Ramp-Up Partners, a smaller, very select set of OPN systems integration (SI) partners were selected by Oracle to participate in Oracle Fusion Applications Migration Co-Development projects.
- These co-development SI partners have demonstrated the highest levels of functional application domain and technological architecture expertise and have invested in co-development efforts that typically span 9-to-24 months in duration, working very closely with Oracle Product Development, in-house at Oracle Development Centers, to deliver next generation functional and technical integration for Oracle Fusion Applications.
- Oracle Fusion Applications Migration Co-Development Partners have gained the deepest embedded exposure to Oracle Fusion Applications prior to its release, and they are uniquely positioned to participate in Oracle Fusion Applications early adoption client engagements, including delivering co-existence and upgrade service offerings, and best practices implementations.
- “Siemens is built on delivering leading-edge innovation and quality in our products, services and solutions, and we expect nothing less from the technology implemented to help run the organization,” said Peter Gapp, Siemens. “We were looking to increase user acceptance with a state-of-the art CRM system that would help us achieve a 360° view of customer across Siemens and create a global pipeline system for sales planning and forecasting. Participating in the early adopter program, allows us to evaluate new advanced concepts of Oracle Fusion Applications.”
- “As a leading global financial company, The Principal Financial Group periodically reviews our key business processes and associated technology solutions,” said Brian Ness, CIO – Corporate Service at the Principal Financial Group. “When we looked at the Oracle Fusion Compensation Management, Fusion Talent Management and Fusion Sourcing and Supplier Management solutions we found the capabilities and user experience to be well aligned with our needs. We are looking forward to participating as an early adopter for Oracle Fusion Applications because it will be a unique opportunity for The Principal to quickly leverage these applications to help meet our business objectives. Integration to our PeopleSoft Enterprise implementation was a key consideration in our decision to participate in the program.”
- “We are committed to working with Oracle and our clients to support the open technology foundation of Oracle Fusion Applications, which helps ensure their integration, security, and extensibility. We have gained deep experience with these applications prior to their release, and we look forward to participating in early-adoption client engagements, delivering co-existing and upgrade service offerings and best practices implementations,” said Peter Grambs, Senior Vice President, Customer Solutions Practice at Cognizant.
- “For the past several years, Infosys has partnered with Oracle to provide our clients with the undeniable business value of robust and efficient Oracle application implementations,” said Ravi Kumar S, Vice President and Global Head of Oracle Practice, Infosys. “We were pleased to participate as an Oracle Fusion Applications Migration Co-Development Partner and help shape the new innovations that will make an impact on how organizations view technology going forward.”
- “Wipro has been at the forefront of technology innovation and has made significant investments in Oracle Fusion Applications that help customers reduce adoption effort, lower costs and speed-up time to market,” said Arup Ratan Chakraborti, Global Head Oracle alliance, Wipro Technologies. “I am pleased with how Oracle Fusion Applications are shaping up and believe it will offer considerable value to clients.”
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Product Screenshots
- Principal Financial Group
- Oracle PartnerNetwork
About Oracle Fusion Applications
Oracle Fusion Applications are 100% open standards-based business applications that set a new standard for the way we innovate, work and adopt technology. Delivered as a complete suite of modular applications, Oracle Fusion Applications work together with existing applications portfolio to evolve business to a new level of performance.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.