Former Wall Street finance professional turned entrepreneur, with proven results building and leading organizations of significant size, scale, and complexity, while managing both horizontal and vertical growth initiatives, personally orchestrating and negotiating strategic mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Professional career began as a market maker in the NASDAQ over-the-counter stock market, managing both retail and institutional order flow. Trading career eventually transitioned into proprietary speculative and risk-arbitrage stock and stock option trading.
In the 2000’s, Calvin financed, built and operated a financial services enterprise with both wholesale and retail production channels, which began as a de novo operation and grew to over 600 employees generating $2.6 billion in financial asset production. The firm’s asset production was efficiently hedged by an internal capital markets desk using financial derivatives, and was delivered directly to Wall Street conduit investors for best price execution.
After that, Calvin began investing in an existing professional services firm to expand its operations and augment the founder’s vision. Orchestrated two strategic M&A transactions within 18 months, dramatically increasing shareholder value. This cutting edge, independent IT and mangement consulting firm focuses on ERP software selection, implementation, Business Process Management (BPM) and Organizational Change Management (OCM), as well as overall corporate operational and IT strategy.
Education & Certifications
- BSBA, Finance, Economics – University of Denver
- Summa Cum Laude graduate designation – University of Denver
- Andrew H. Wood award for highest scholarship ranking in graduating class – University of Denver
- Robert L. Gould Scholastic Award for Summa Cum Laude thesis entitled, “A Proper Valuation Approach for Closed End Mutual Funds”, subsequently published by the Investment Company Institute – University of Denver, 1995
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America’s School of Mortgage Banking, industry recognized Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) designation
- Board of Directors, Colorado Mortgage Lenders Association (CMLA)
- Held the following securities industy licenses:
- Series 7 (Registered Securities Representative)
- Series 63 (State Blue Skies Securities License)
- Series 55 (Registered Equities Trader License)
- Series 24 (Registered Securities Principal)
I enjoy exploring strategic business partnerships and new, innovative opportunities with like-minded, pragmatic individuals and organizations.
“Never test the depth of a river with both feet”
– Warren Buffet