Our Business Analyst works as a liaison among business and IT stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate features and requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information and information systems. A Business Analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the features and requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Our Business Analyst will perform routine tasks under minimal supervision and will work with our Client Services department, as well as the IT Solutions and Operations departments, on one or more complex tasks. A Business Analyst will be capable of identifying complex issues and may make recommendations for a resolution.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work independently with Consultants to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
2. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
3. Ability to comprehend business ideas and concepts quickly and write requirements documents based on feedback received in meetings.
4. Support software selection business process unit using specific group and collaborative methods including but not limited to brainstorming, JAD and RAD sessions and structured walkthroughs.
5. Communicate with the Client Services using data and process models to clarify and validate features and requirements. Models include but are not limited to use case diagrams, activity diagrams, Visio and data flow diagrams.
6. Leading client staff through engagements supports the development of subject matter expertise, thought leadership and strategic capability by delivering a wide range of information technology solutions.
7. Aid business development by assisting the sales teams through the creation of service offerings, proposals and presentations and making recommendations for potential solutions.
8. Conduct/perform workflow analysis, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analysis to identify and recommend improvements to business processes to improve efficiency and reduce operational costs or to provide new operational capabilities.
9. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases scenarios, business analysis, tasks and work flow analysis.
10. Assisted in software selection, business process re-engineering and/or whole cycle ERP implementation.
11. Work closely with project managers, Senior and Junior ERP Consultants, and IT management to validate that the proposed and developed solutions meet the internal and external client’s need.
12. Provide status reporting for customers and internal management.
13. Collaborate with Project Managers and Consultants to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoff between usability and performance needs.
14. Be the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams
15. Successfully engage in multiple activities simultaneously.
16. Interact professionally with a diverse group, executive, managers and subject matter experts.
17. Assist in identifying prospects for company’s applications and participate in marketing, pre-sales meeting, attend trade shows and help make the sale
18. Perform other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in internal teams/task forces.
2. Ensure all communication coming from the Client Services department is complete and professional.
3. Work independently with limited supervision as well as within a team environment.
4. Maintain an established level of productivity using time management techniques.
5. Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday 8 hour.
6. Manage individual utilization to optimize revenue to the company
JOB REQUIREMENT SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, TRAINING
Job Related Experience:
• (Stone River) Certification in Project +, PMI PMP or IIBA CBAP preferred.
• Two plus years’ experience as an Associate Business Analyst or greater role or equivalent work experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to set, drive and achieve deliverables
• Experience with project management tools and methodologies
• Must possess a business industry knowledge
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio)
• Experience with Project Insight and/or Visio is a plus.
• (CIBER) Technical SQL queries
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS/REQUIREMENTS (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations)
• Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
• Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Capable of using a keyboard effectively
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
• Occasional travel to meetings or outside training may be required
Salary is commensurate with experience, based on a performance-based, variable compensation model. Panorama provides health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as generous paid time off, paid company holidays, and 401k. All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development.
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
Panorama Consulting Group is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable laws. Panorama Consulting Group provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Panorama Consulting Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free/Alcohol Free Workplace.